PDA

View Full Version : New to guild and summertime blues here

Snippy
08-10-2009, 09:06 AM
So the summertime blues killed my guild and I found a guild that raids less days but longer stretchs on the two raiding days. This works perfect for me.

I've only been in the guild a few weeks. Since I've joined real life is kicking my butt in a major way. I'm your typical 99% attendance player butnow I can't keep up. I know in a few weeks things will calm down. Right now work isdemanding my time, my rec. Sports team made it to playoffs, and I'm having to move (totally not my choice but necessary).

I know first impressions mean a lot and I'm making a pretty poor one right now. Anyone have suggestions on what I should do? I'm trying to keep up but struggling. Last night I fell asleep twice during the raid. :(

Prexie
08-10-2009, 11:14 AM
It would help to give more insight to the situation if you shared the guild's expectations of members.

But overall it sounds like if you aren't able to even stay awake for the raids it would be best to tell your GM that you are very interested in progressing with the guild but your real life situation needs to stabilize first. It's not fair to you, your real life connections or your guild to stretch yourself too thin.

Make a comeback when you're done with playoffs and settled with a solid schedule that affords time for scheduled raiding.

Snippy
08-10-2009, 01:53 PM
It's a two day a week guild clearing hardmodes. Because of that each person fills a role. And if I do step aside they'll have to fill the spot. Tanking spots are in short supply these days and I was lucky to find one that fit my schedule and actually allows me to tank (i found many guilds would deny me after the vent interview and they discovered I lacked certian anatomy). Stepping aside may mean an end to raiding as a tank.

Prexie
08-10-2009, 02:34 PM
I understand that. You can't expect a progression guild to wait on you.

My advice still stands. I quit scheduled raiding october 08 to may 09 because of my university housing job. I didn't want to because I love my guild and raiding experiences, but I would've been doing my residents, boss, coworkers and myself a disservice in putting my priority in pixels.

It comes down to what you place value on the most. I won't lecture you on what you SHOULD value, because that's your decision.

Do this. Draw out a wheel, and section it off proportionately for your time invested per day in something (sleep, eating, sports, significant other, etc.). Make sure your entire day is on there. If you have enough time to raid, do it.

Fayre
08-11-2009, 07:50 AM
I suggest you have a chat to a guild officer, see how they are perceiving how you're doing, and explain your position. If nothing else you might be able to get them to extend your probationary period for a while rather than just drop you as a bad egg.

Snippy
08-21-2009, 08:05 AM
It's not a matter of getting my priorities straight.

It's a matter of life just blew up on me and I have to set the game aside. I did talk to them and my situation is far worse now then when I posted (I have legal issues now) and they're going to work with me.

I still feel bad and guilty about joining and having life puke in my face. :(

Sedgewick
08-21-2009, 06:41 PM
(i found many guilds would deny me after the vent interview and they discovered I lacked certian anatomy)

...This is what grinds my gears the most out of this thread. That's ridiculous and uncalled for from any guild.

minrog
09-02-2009, 02:38 AM
...This is what grinds my gears the most out of this thread. That's ridiculous and uncalled for from any guild.

Source: Snippy
(i found many guilds would deny me after the vent interview and they discovered I lacked certian anatomy)

Brains are anatomy. So are eyes - critical for noticing those fires. heh.