PDA

View Full Version : Over Capped DEF, problem?

kingymech
08-10-2009, 02:12 AM
Hey guys need advice sorry to say yet again.

Ok, im now sat at 31k ub but my def rating is 548. I have not got 1 single def gem in my stuff.

I dont see it a problem as im tanking ulduar (FINALLY) with out any problems. what do you think i should do? Stay as i am and tell them to shut up or change my gear about to lower my def and get better stats on dodge, parry ect. But then ill lose eh lol decisions decisions

Thx

orcstar
08-10-2009, 02:21 AM
For warriors being over the defense minimum, is not bad, defense besides lowering your chance to be crit gives also nice stats like dodge, parry, chance to be not hit and shieldblockrating.

This is why you should call it a defense minimum.
Avoid the use of the word cap when talking abut defense because it implies a maximum. Also it makes stupid dps-ers think the being overcapped are wasted stats.

(A dps-ers view: hey, I'm over the expertise cap: extra expertise is totally wasted. And he is right. But he projects his knowledge of expertise and what cap means on defense and thinks more defense then the "cap" 540 is wasted stats, and that's where he makes thinking flaw.)

So: call 540 defense a minimum where you are critimmune.

(edit)
Took a quick look at your gear and wanted to say the following: get at least the defense enchants on your shield and cloak, dump the repelling charge and get a jewelcrafting stamina trinket at least. Try getting 540 defense without the use of defense trinkets. And without having to gem for defense to get the minimum.

kingymech
08-10-2009, 02:44 AM
thanks for the reply,

for your points
"get at least the defense enchants on your shield and cloak dump the repelling charge and get a jewelcrafting stamina trinket at least"

Ive got it in the bank so thats not a problem.

"Try getting 540 defense without the use of defense trinkets. And without having to gem for defense to get the minimum. "

With the "crab trinket" and the 2 def enchats on back and shield ill be back to 541. I have had to get 1 def gem so other than that shall i jsut stick with what ive got?