PDA

View Full Version : Technique for Multiple Mob Threat

HDEagle71
08-09-2009, 07:14 AM
OK Everyone I need to know your tricks of the trade for picking up multiple mob add ons.

Paladins and technique that can work for Paladins please.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&n=Bloodtop)

I am having problems in UP gauntlet when they are rushing at the group.
I am having problems in H AN all the extra spiders that pop up.

Basically I can handle pulls of multiples and bosses (5 man content) but during the rush in areas in instances I am having problems target picking them up taunting off.

I use Grid and Clique to taunt when I see a member get aggro works real well but I can only blast consecrate so often.

Does anyone use a macro to target the aggro that is attacking the healer of some thing? Do you just tab through to try to get them all on you.

If you have success in this area please share.

I have hot keys and I am a mouse clicker depends on what is going on I click faster than use hot keys my keys are set up for stun, lay on hands, get free from traps, bubble some others.

Buttons 1,2,3,4,5,6,7 are my general tanking spells.

I have a very customized layout with Dominos Diamond Threat skada, Xpearl etc.

Thanks for the tips of the trade! I don't like sucking!

I'll be asking about 10 mans soon thanks!

PS:
Got major lucky yesterday.
I got the sword, +111 sta trinket and belt in 1 day.

Irat
08-09-2009, 04:24 PM
Grats on the drops mate,

UP gauntlet is gold for Pallys, Holy Wraith owns that place. I just drop a conc then holy wrath when they are all on it, then move on.

Snap threat on multiple mobs is probable our biggest weakness at the moment but it is not something to be worried about it is just something you need to work on. The addon that helped me most with it was probably Aloft, it shows your threat on all the mobs on their name plates so you can just click on mobs that are getting close to getting away from you and drop a SotR.

Aloft really wont work if you are a clicker though, because you need to be able to click on the nameplate of the mob you want to hit.

HDEagle71
08-09-2009, 09:17 PM
I will try that I Can use bindings but have been clicking lately.

I want Healbot for threat :-)

Aberen
08-09-2009, 09:38 PM
I'm a warrior tank, I use an addon called Aloft, you need the new "beta" version to work with the 3.2 patch. It shows the targets bars, and you can scale em down. It works way better then the Blizzard bars. I drill one target with my biggest aggro abilities, and then I can just click on the target bars (click the ones that are losing health the fastest first :), as I watch omen. The ones with a lead on threat get temporaly ignored, the ones that party members a hitting harder get more of my attention.

This added with some of the Pally's AOE threat abilities should make it pretty easy for you.

Martie
08-09-2009, 10:02 PM
For UK, start running as soon as you start the encounter (you should start the encounter by running at the boss - just keep running. Once the first few mobs reach you, pop down a consecration and keep running. Try to hit some of the mobs that are running towards you with some melee abilities. Once you think you have the mobs you can handle, throw down holy wrath and start tanking - that should give you all the threat you need.

For AN, focus on the mobs coming down the stairs and either assign a dps to pick up the adds, or tell everyone to come stand in your consecration. The little adds should die fast enough to not warrant any real tanking.

In general, if there are too many mobs for you to tank, then that's your que to not tank them all - either they are weak enough to be killed easily and they do little damage, or they aren't supposed to be attacked much, so a little tanking holds you aggro.