PDA

View Full Version : Threat Issues

thefeets
08-09-2009, 04:03 AM
So I have been tanking on my DK and I am having problems with my threat and TPS. I am frost spec and I average a little above 2k TPS and I cant seem to get above that. I dont know what I am doing wrong. My rotations are:
Single:IT PS BS BS FS FS
Multi: IT PS PEST HB BB BB FS FS

I am willing to try other specs out if need be, but im just asking for any tips or advice as to how i can produce more threat. Heres my armory link:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&n=Skeetfeets)

Is there something I should change in my rotation? Should I give another spec a try?

Thanks in advance!

Benihimey
08-09-2009, 05:26 AM
why imp icy talons no enhance shaman in raid
icy reach not needed for pve
hungering cold pvp talent
acclimation not needed as for pally auras
and imp unholy command no reason to make shorter

try this spec Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EZGxx0AbIoc0buzAo0gh)

purely aoe spec and should pump more tps out but should be able to hold up single target also(my one stop spec im using atm)

rotation
single target IT PS BS BS OB FS FS and u should have some rune strikes proc hopefully u have that macroed

aoe

DND IT PS PEST HB BB BB

Benihimey
08-09-2009, 05:27 AM
also throw 2% threat and 10 parry rating on gloves

Hades
08-09-2009, 09:51 AM
First, while I wait for Armory to load, I'm gonna pick on your rotation.

Trash packs:
DnD, HB, BB, IBF. Enough RP left in the tank for a rune strike.

Single target: HB, OB, BSx2 to proc death runes, then RP dump. Save 20 for rune strikes ;)

If you don't have the glyph of Howling Blast (Armory still aint loaded.. giving up lol), I'm gona nerd-rage. I'm having technical difficuties so I can't even check you out on wow-heroes, but that rotation should front-load enough threat to prevent worry if you DPS isn't weaksauce. For the second rotation, if Killing Machine hasn't proc'd, blow Deathchill for more threat due to the forced crit. If KM procs, save the Deathchill until KM falls off. I use that rotation, and Ulduar geared DPS can't pull aggro off me. My gear's mostly from Heroics, and I'm still wearing some tempered saronite even. I'm so confident that I actualy tell 4k DPSers not to pull any punches, just go for broke. According to Omen, they're about 1k threat behind.

thefeets
08-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Hades:
do you apply your diseases before those rotations or are those the exact rotations you use?

Zivh
08-09-2009, 09:24 PM
Most Frost tanks use a 1-disease rotation, using the Glyph of Howling Blast to apply Frost Fever, and skipping Plague Strike and Icy Touch entirely.