PDA

View Full Version : Help with stamina- Def capped but low health

ZakThePally
08-08-2009, 07:06 PM
I recently dinged 80 and a few days later got def capped. But I onw have issues with my health and stamina.

Armory Link The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Illidan&n=Xacreus)
(it may have not updated, I added a chest enchant and now have 541 def)

Suggestions on enchants and alternative gear would be helpful.

I do plan on replacing my rings and trinkets.

Also note that my intention is running Heroics in the mean time, not riading.

Thanks,
Zak

(PS: my spec is not ideal I know but when I leveled I did it according to what would help me level a little faster)

Lizana
08-08-2009, 07:07 PM
As you gear up you will get more stamina, at the start every tank was low HP

Churles
08-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Armor Kits
Shoulder Enchant
Shield Enchant

By dropping the 20 defense to shield you will still be capped by the resilience from the shoulder enchant

Alternatively you can enchant your cloak if you dont like being capped by resilience

Other than that gear up, the new 5 man is a good source of ilvl 200 gear, the heroic version has many good items as well, and then heroic farm from there for the conquest emblems.

Lizana
08-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Both the Shield and armor kit should not be used for a starting tank due to the massive difference in item points of them and the current enchants.

Remember 16 def in gems = 24 stamina, so it doesn't make a lot of sense to change 20 def for 18 stam...

Jameak
08-16-2009, 05:33 PM
Your fine, just keep smashing away at heroics. As Lizana said, every tank starts out at 20k hp after dinging 80, your already defense capped, so go for it!

HDEagle71
08-17-2009, 08:58 AM
I had the same problem and I think everyone does.

I can't look at the armory (at work)

But a couple things helped me a lot.
1) Get the Trinket from HoL Normal from Loken you will probably have to spam teh chats and start a group but run it until you get it.
2) I hate H AH but that trinket is +111 stam so get a group together and run that.

Loken was 1st IMO because it allowed me to regem for Stam vs def.
You can tank HNex, HUK and run reg VH, UP and the others you will start getting some good stuff once you get to 25K people will not be snobby and say you are not high enough then run all the 5 man heroics np.

I had to take a small break and get Wyrmrest rep (which I was on my way) and Argent to get the Cloak from Wyrm and the enchant from Argent (Head??).

Then get Wyrm rep for the chest and legs ( I aways wore the tabbard ).
You imrove your rep runnin reg 80 dungeons as well as Heroics.

Hope this helps and with the new badges in Heroics instances I have pretty much skipped the Heroic badge gear now sitting on 16 heroic badges and nothing I want to buy.

Kazeyonoma
08-17-2009, 09:49 AM
Wrong forum, read rules, individual Armory profile personalized help belongs in HALP! forum.

Moved.

Kensu
08-17-2009, 10:08 AM
You are missing a ton of proper enchants. Once you enchant yer gear correctly this will address some of yer Health issues. Don't forget that you can enchant your ring slots as an enchanter. Second you need a meta gem. However you do not have enough gem slots on your gear to activate you meta slot. I would make it a priority to find a piece or two of gear that has gems slots so you can socket and activate your meta gem slot.

Darthmullet
08-17-2009, 10:38 AM
Work on your Sons of Hodir rep so you can get the best shoulder enchant,
Run H VH a few times for the tank legs and block rating trinket [good til you get the Heroisms one probably, maybe after depending on if you get the Loken one].

A good tank weapon drops in H UP, but I know you're not asking for advice on what to run hehe.

I wouldn't do a ton to your gear at this point, as much as you have is way more than most do to their blues. You can run most heroics pretty fine at this point, so just start doing them and worry about enchants and gem switches later. Maybe farm normal TOC for a while, pretty easy on gear, and pretty good drops [way better than the other 5 mans].