PDA

View Full Version : Warrior tank after some input and advice

Kaoscontrol
08-08-2009, 02:51 PM
Hey guys.

Basically i'm just after some input and advice on tanking with my warrior.

I've been tanking for just under a month now, and although most attempts are successful at Heroics, i still seem to be lacking in the threat department.

So i'd just like some advice on my talent tree first off - The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=The+Venture+Co&n=Griimjaw&group=1)

what do you think? is there anything i should remove or add? or is it solid enough?

Secondly...my rotation....after discussing with a warrior on my realm, he advised me to use this rotation for slightly effective AoE warrior tanking, however i still seem to lose threat once folk are over a certain DPS level.

rotation in general is Charge -TC - SW - SS - Cleave spam - Rinse and repeate. the occasional devestate is thrown in ofc alongside revenge too!

and finally i just want to ask what stats i should be boosting from this point onwards? obviously stamina still, but should i also be adding some strength gems and enchants to my gear? and for that matter does tank DPS actually matter for me to need strength?

Hit rating + expertise - should i be upping these? and if so what to and with what + where?.

anything else please do pput it down! - as a note though, i am currently on the go at collecting emblems for the tier 8.5 gloves and 8.5 necklace.

i'm entirely willing to take all adivce onboard and certainly willing to learn!

many thanks!
James

Squeegiemama
08-08-2009, 03:27 PM
Your spec looks good, points of course can be adjusted to match personal styles, but you have all the basics down fine.

Some of your stuff is missing gems and enchants. If you want immediate improvement you should get your gear gemmed and enchanted. You could easily add close to 1000 hp and improve your avoidance.

I would work on picking up some expertise using Expertise/Stamina gems. It provides greater benefit than just strength. Your hit is quite good where it is at.

You want to aim for 26 Expertise (214 Rating) and 263 Hit Rating.

Good luck.

Kaoscontrol
08-09-2009, 07:52 AM
Hi Squee! thanks for the reply!

As for Gems....I know it may sound a little odd to some, but i'm actually trying to avoid gemming atleast my hands and bracers untill i get the 8.5 hands and im currently working on the epic bracers dropped in OK. Reason being, yes i know i have the slots free! but im a little strapped for gold at the moment. I'd rather Gem them up and know im going to be keeping them untill naxx, rather than wasting a gem on an item that really doesnt deserve gem love as its a pretty crappy item!

however everything else i own is being gemmed up and enchanted!

I actually found last night that i wasnt overly keene on my current talent build. I think i'm going to drop a not so important point somewhere and throw it into improved charge for the extra 10 rage rather than 5, as i just wasnt getting enough rage even with blood turned on before the charge.

Anything else anyone can advise? other than Re-roll palanub :P