PDA

View Full Version : Getting too much spike damg, bad gear?

tankatron
08-07-2009, 12:16 AM
hey everyone, so our group has been running 10m ulduar for sometime and ive noticed that only on kologarn, ive been taking massive spike damage and i always seem to die, no matter what, is there any advice on my gear and what to change? it has been bugging me and i am lost and turning to you guys.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Firetree&n=Tank%C3%A2tron)

Doormat
08-07-2009, 01:00 AM
Your stats are on par with mine and sometimes it gets close but just use cooldowns as much as you can, pop your trinket and shield block, and just keep it so you have one of your cooldowns up at all times if you can.

A huge help is double potting indestructible potions.

Roarc
08-07-2009, 02:15 AM
Kologarn at times places a debuff on the MT that decreases your armor or increases damage taken, can't really remember but it will cause some spikey damage. Either swap tanks or use a cool-down to live through it.

Kologarns adds also have a stacking aura which will cause a lot of damage. Not sure if this is true in 10 man anymore, it is in 25.

Griff
08-07-2009, 12:18 PM
Parry gems? Strength gems?

You realize that you don't need to gem for every socket bonus. Parry is the last stat you'll want to gem for and strength is non-optimal.

Spend some badges or gold on a new cloak (there is a nice BoE from Ulduar 25 you can probably find on the AH)

Also, rethink engineering as a profession. Blacksmithing, or even mining would make life easier. You'll have to ditch your crafted hat, but upgrades can be had with badges. (t8.5 for instance, for a platry 58 conqs )