PDA

View Full Version : Not really following it....

Hegas
08-04-2009, 09:41 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blackhand&n=Hegas):o

I have been trolling the site here off and on for almost 2 years. Some of it I have taken as if it were the bible, some just as suggestions. Recently, I find my head for numbers is not all together. So quoting "x amount of this rating becomes this total, making this gear better" is getting way over my head. The main reason I am posting today is because I would like someone to take a look at my gear and spec and give any tips they may have.

I have recently become one of 3 MT's for my guild, the other 2 being a DK and Druid, so I get first dibs on all the juicy warrior specific tanking gear. The problem is, I do not know if I am making the best of what I am getting. I have almost every tanking weapon and shield from 5-mans up to ulduar but I use Last Laugh as my primary for obvious reasons. I have never been able to get the shield from Naxx 25 KT to drop, so I use the one from 10m Ulduar Kolo. My guild has managed to get to Gen. V on a fairly regular basis, though we have yet to actually down him. (Got close last night, got him to 32%). Anyway, I just need advice on gear and specs. and possible advice on gemming, though I tend to go for a more rounded approach instead of str8 +STA. Anything would be appreciated. Especially since today is patch day, I will be paying a lot of attention to the forums.

Dubzil
08-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Don't use parry gems, also you are way over hit cap (and using at least 1 hit gem & hit on weap enchant) yet under exp soft cap.

Hegas
08-04-2009, 09:53 AM
What is the hit cap for warriors? And I know I am over in Def, but got no real idea on how to fix that other than replacing some of the gear. As the gear drops from Ulduar I will slowly phase it in and try to stay as close to 540 as possible, but at the moment, it's just not dropping.

Dubzil
08-04-2009, 09:57 AM
8% is hit cap.

Defense is not bad over 540, it still gives you dodge/block/parry/miss.
You can afford to lose the parry and the defense trinkets though, there are much better ones (essense of gossimer from H-AN / Dodge trinket from badges / ulduar stm and dodge trinkets )

Hegas
08-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Do not even talk to me about the Esence trinket. I have been trying to get that things for months. Off and on, I would run that instance for days at a time. To date I have lost it to 4 Druids who needed it for their Tanking offspecs, 5 DK's and a WARLOCK who ninja'ed. Why? I don't know. The one time I saw the trinket from 25 ULD fdrop from Ignis, I lost to a druid who has not logged on since. Been over a month and they haven't been to any raids since they won it. So, the trinkets I have, I use because they actually dropped for me. AS others drop, I will replace them, but until then, c`est la vie.

Hegas
08-04-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh, one other thing, I actually replaced the Platinum Mesh Cloak Sunday with Cloak from the Iron Council, for some reason, Armory is not showing that change.

Do wowhead links not work here?
(http://www.tankspot.com/script%20DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage%28)