PDA

View Full Version : Requesting some guidance/help

Domyouji
08-03-2009, 03:07 PM
Hi guys, I hope this is the right spot to post this. The rules's said to use the Halp.... section but that say's for tanks only and I saw a few others post here. If it is wrong I can delete and make in the other section with the tanks.

Anyway, onto the topic at hand I would like to get some feedback from the poster's here so I can improve my raid dps/damage as I feel what I have been outputting is rather low.

What I would like to know is:

What dps should I expect to do in my current gear on bosses like XT/Mimiron 25 man etc.

Is my gear/gemming etc on the right track?

Is my rotation right or am I screwing it up to much?

Somemore info:

Sadly armory has'nt updated so it is showing me with a different spec so I will post a link to the spec I am currently using and I will post some link's to our guild's 25 man raid. Besides the spec I also upgraded my heroic gundrak ring to the ring from 25 man thorim which I was using for mimiron.

spec: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LhrhbfIt00bRdGuioGx00xb)

reports: World of Logs - Real Time Raid Analysis (http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/GQYJLhOqsvSVPkRb/sum/damageDone/?s=5727&e=6216)

armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nagrand&n=Domyouji)

As you can see from the repot's my dps is very low, some possible factor's which I have thought of which might be causing this is latency (normally 500ish) and the fact I am the only warrior who uses sunder/demo shout/comanding shout etc. I know that I do let sunder slip off every now and then which will make my dps go down slightly as I try to get the 5 stack back up.

Thank you very much for any feedback and I really look forward to reading what is said.

Kazeyonoma
08-03-2009, 03:13 PM
uhh, do the rules really say tanks only? HALP forum is for any individual player to get evaluated not just tanks, but dps, and healers as well.

This belongs there.

Moved.

Domyouji
08-03-2009, 03:15 PM
uhh, do the rules really say tanks only? HALP forum is for any individual player to get evaluated not just tanks, but dps, and healers as well.

This belongs there.

Moved.

Thank's, the rules didnt say tank's only the the sub tag to that forum said for Tank's and every post in their was for tanks.

Sorry :(

DeviousOne
08-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Let's break this down, then.

First of all, just looking at your armory, your hit is waaay too high. 100 over cap. Drop hit pieces as it's useless for arms past cap.

You also gemmed your JC gems all wrong. You want to put the dragon's eye gems into non-red sockets so you can get a decent socket bonus. For example, you should have put the 27 str gem in the blue socket on your belt and your legs.

You should also run naxx in order to get Grim toll as a trinket and drop mirror of truth. Also drop the heroic ring with expertise on it. Get the t8.5 chest with badges. Get a decent enchant on your weapon, 85 ap is pretty crappy. Berserking unless you are waiting for an upgrade. Replace Iron Spring Jumpers, they're pretty crappy as well.

Looking at your logs, you're not slamming at all. The rotation for Arms goes like this.

Make sure rend is up at all times. Refresh it once it drops.
Sudden death procced? Hit it. If not
Bladestorm is up, you just overpowered and mortal strike is on cooldown and you have more than 10 seconds left on rend? Hit it. If not
Overpower procced? Hit it. If not
Mortal strike is up? Hit it. If not
Hit slam. Slam is what you use to fill in the time between procs. Your priority seems all wrong.

Also, your current talent spec on armory has weird points in Prot. Are you forced to take improved tclap/incite etc? Because those are an utter waste of talent points.

Muffin Man
08-03-2009, 05:33 PM
I got one easy gear change for you.

T8 shoulders -> T7.5 shoulders (you'll gain crit and arp, lose a marginal amount of str and a bunch of completely wasted hit). It's just 60 emblems.

If you still feel obscenely high on hit you could consider swapping iron spring for death inured but that would actually drop you below the hit cap.

DeviousOne
08-03-2009, 07:01 PM
That be true if 4pc wasn't BIS for Arms, and legs are the worst t8.5 piece.

Domyouji
08-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Thank you very much for the replys, you might've over looked the part where I said armory hadnt updated. The spec which is showing on armory "incite" was one which I had read about and I was just testing it out on the dummys/heroics etc.

You are very correct about the shit enchant and excess hit, im am currently waiting for Ironsoul to drop, at which stage I will use the "beserking" enchant which is setting in my bags atm on it, this change will also bring me in line with the hit cap.

I have the ebon-blade boots in my bag atm, do you think it would be worth switching my current boots for them? I would gain crit and lose armor pen.

As for the JC gems, the bonus of prismatic etc is changing in the next patch and I only just leveled my JC up.

As for your comment on slam, do you mean im just not using it as much as I shoudl be etc? I know on Thorim my slam count is very low, but on mimiron I was using it, but is the amount of casts I have very low?

I have also been trying to get grim toll..... but not much luck, I think I will have a greater chance of getting the hard mode 10 man Thorim one first.

Do you have any more comments etc on what I could be doing better or what I am doing wrong?

Thank you.

DeviousOne
08-03-2009, 10:08 PM
I might have been looking at the wrong parse, but you should be using slam whenever nothing else is procced/up.