PDA

View Full Version : Is my Spec/Gear fine the way it is at the moment?

Freeagent
08-01-2009, 01:33 AM
Hello TankSpot.com Community,

I've changed my spec and gear after getting some tips from my previous thread (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f175/49595-blood-dk-voa10-i-ain-t-good-enough-geared.html) and now I want to re-evaluate that.

It's already been quite some time since then and I've tried to upgrade my gear as much as possible.

On the way to upgrading my gear I think I focused to much on avoidance, though I'm not really certain maybe I am maybe not , thats why I ask here to see what I should change or just leave it as it is.

Bęcks isn't in a Raid Force or in a Guild, so most of my Gear is from PUGs, thus I don't really have anyone whom I could ask (our Guild is just 4 people) for advice.

Any input is welcome.

I aim for going to 10m/25m Ulduar-Pugs soon'ish.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=B%C3%AAcks)

P.S. I know at the moment I'm not Def-Capped, just replaced a Ring who had +Def yesterday so I need to replace a gem now.

vine
08-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Well the obvious issue is you're below crit cap. You should never rely on a the sigil to get you over 540, what happens if you get silenced like when tanking Anub'Rekan ? Replace that hit gem with a defense gem, and work on your SoH rep for the shoulder enchant and you should be over the line.

Spec looks good other than taking Mobidity over Epidemic, but that's a playstyle choice.

Zivh
08-01-2009, 10:45 PM
If you put the defense enchant on your cloak instead of 22 agi you should be over capped and be able to replace the def. Sigil with Sigil of Awareness. :)

Freeagent
08-02-2009, 08:26 AM
Thats why I wrote a "P.S. I know at the moment I'm not Def-Capped, just replaced a Ring who had +Def yesterday so I need to replace a gem now."

as I just got it the night before and didnt want to bother myself to relog for putting it back up -.-

Freeagent
08-04-2009, 05:36 AM
- B U M P -

Any idea's what I could/can improve on my gear to be Ulduar-10/25 ready?

Zivh
08-04-2009, 06:05 AM
Remove the Defense gems from your gear and put the 16 defense enchant on your cloak for starters. Then you can swap in your choice of hit/expertise/stam gems as you are still lacking in that area. Your Hit rating especially is very low for a tank. Again, you can replace that Defense Sigil with the Sigil of Awareness as well. Its only 25 Valor badges, and it is quite a nice upgrade to your threat as opposed to 10 more defense when you are already capped.

Freeagent
08-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Indeed, should swap the

Resolute Monarch Topaz with a Guardians Twilight Opal

and change

Major Agility on the Cloak to Titanweave

Thanks , didn't see that option * facepalm *

I use the Sigil for +Avoidance , threat isn't an issue at all when single/aoe tanking.