PDA

View Full Version : Advice on the latest and greatest DK tank spec

domking
07-30-2009, 12:42 PM
Hello all

I'm getting ready to buy the dual spec option in game and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what a good spec would be for OT. I cant seem to find any up to date specs on any of the other fourms i googled so im hopping someone here could help me out. As for gear, im pretty sure i have some good peices in my bank, if anyone needs to see what i got to make a spec suggestion i can post them (Just need to go and put them on so the armory can update lol).

Thanks in advance :D

hoodis
07-31-2009, 12:17 PM
great gear - blood/unholy/frost
good gear - unholy/frost
bad gear - frost

blood - poor/slow building aoe, awesome single target, awesome survivability
unholy - solid/reliable aoe, solid single target, decent survivability
frost - spiky/snap aoe, solid single target, decent survivability

Although none of that is really set in stone, and in heroics it doesnt really matter, its a good guideline for raid bosses. Also this is just my personal opinion, dont take it as fact. But honestly being comfortable playing a spec probably outweighs any minor advantage of going one over the other (if you suck at blood and good at unholy even if you have great gear unholy will probably be better).

Coro
07-31-2009, 04:42 PM
It's all on how you enjoy playing.

Unholy is like being a pally, lots of AOE and can be very fun, and you'll have a lot of control. Got some good mitigation/panic buttons (bone shield, magic shield, etc), but the spec is really meant to do as much AOE dps as possible.

Frost is very balanced. You got a lot of CDs to pop, great AOE (slightly at most under Unholy). This is where most DK tanks go.

Blood is amazing single target. Blood offers self healing, and much more panic buttons. The AOE isn't bad once you get use to rotation, I don't do as much DPS as Frost or Unholy, but the same amount of TPS thanks to modifiers.

Personally, I enjoy Unholy the most. I enjoy beating my DPSers on DPS meters, while keeping threat and doing my job. Unfortunatly, with the DK nerfs, Unholy is going to be harder to master, and I recently went blood. I really enjoy it, and it's the right spec for me.