PDA

View Full Version : Squeezing out all the threat i can

CrysisFX
07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
Ok so up until recently ive been fine tanking in naxx 10 jus tput on a decent spec and spam whatevers available for threat. well in naxx 25 its not cutting it for bosses like patchwerk. i usually MT him scince he can put hatefuls on our more HP tank but im topping out around 4-6k tps and he has to basically not do anything to let get by without him pulling aggro. so what kind of spec should be going for max threat?

Jameak
07-29-2009, 08:53 PM
Hey mate can you post up your armory or setup your characters in your profile. Also can you post an armory for your wingman. Thanks.

Toblerone
07-29-2009, 11:52 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Hateful Strike also increase the threat on the target it hits. Meaning that you can do very little and still generate high threat if you only have the one tank eating hatefuls. I'm always holding back when offtanking on Patch.

Post your armory though, there might be some things you can change to increase your threat more.

Yxaka
07-30-2009, 02:43 AM
I clearly need to hold back when offtanking Patchwerk. If he has more life, it seems likely he has better equipment than you do, and in that case he would out-threat you if he's putting out the most TPS he can. His role is to stay under you in threat, if you're not threat capping DPS your threat is fine imho.

Regarding Hateful Strike increasing threat, Wowwiki/Elitist Jerks seem to claim that it adds aggro to the 2/3 (normal/heroic) most threatening targets, so I guess this shouldn't be an issue.

Gumurak
07-30-2009, 05:21 AM
Simply put, it isnt a you issue. it's your other tank issue. I'm not normally this mean but they need to drop the epeen tank attitude. What i mean by this is not thier actual attitude. Just the typical tank behaviour of always having to threat a target. His job isnt meant for threat, its meant to eat damage. His threat needs to be nice and easy, and just high enough to not kill dps. In other words you need to tell him to watch what hes doing.

drae
07-30-2009, 05:47 AM
Hateful strikes aren't what they used to be; when organizing for patches, I tend to put my highest TPS as MT and put less emphasis on having the "better" tank eat hateful strikes. Unless there's a really big discrepancy between the tanks gear. The reason? Wipes on patches now tend to be from problematic threat balancing and aggro bouncing around rather then the OT getting gibbed.