PDA

View Full Version : DPS: what should I expect

lissa
07-29-2009, 07:31 AM
I am having trouble with low dps in raids, but I am not sure what to expect from each person/class. I am not sure if there is a place to look or if someone has a suggestion but what I need is some kind of guide as to how much dps a specific toon should be doing. Example a balanced druid with gear score of 2200 should be doing xx amount of dps. We all know that things vary between players depending on their spec/rotation/gear but if I could at least get a general idea of what to expect of each player then I will know who I need to tell that they can't raid until they figure out how to play their toon better. I want our guild to progress and the lack of dps is killing us. I just don't know if its a lack of gear or if people are having problems with their specs/rotation. We have some really excellent players that are being held back by the rest and I don't want to lose the great players to a lack of progress.

Kyrane
07-29-2009, 07:41 AM
I haven't looked too much at it but MaxDPS.com - World of Warcraft Gear Rankings - News (http://www.maxdps.com/) looks like it may be able to help some.

Now a completely unnecessary comment:
Responding to the balance druid example, I have gear score just over 2k but im in resto gear/trinks except Idol when i dps so i have a lot of regen and not a ton of Spell Dmg. So I have like no hit what so ever but i can still easily pull off 2k dps (with just gift on). So someone with 2200 gear score that's in balance gear should probably be atleast 3k+ by my estimate with just gift.

~Luffie~
07-29-2009, 10:07 AM
What type of content are you doing? Tier 7 or Tier 8 content? 10s or 25s?

On Average
In Naxx 25 I would say 2.5-3k on bosses.
In Ulduar 25 around 3.5-4k on bosses.

If people give you the excuse that they need better gear to perform at those minimum numbers tell them to go read up how to play. I went into a Naxx25 PUG with my alt hunter in greens/quest blues and my heirloom shoulders/bow and did 3k dps. To a point, gear matters but learning how to play is more important.

gabbu
07-29-2009, 10:48 AM
When I was raid leader in my old guild what I found was following,

1. L2P, people who knew their classes and mechanics well were always pulling great DPS no matter what situation
2. Enchants/Glyphs, Lot of our new raider were not spending time to enchant gear properly but we could see a noticeable difference from our one lock out to the other when everyone was told to look at enchants and make sure gear is enchanted well.
3. Knowledge of fight, Lot of people did poorly when new to fight but few weeks after the same people were doing great.
4. Make them aware that until hit cap, Hit > SP/AP (that seems to be our big deal breaker a lot of time, because we would have great DPS on trash and than sometimes total suckage on bosses)

So what we used to do is after ever raid night we would have like a small 10 mins discussion about how we did what lacked and where we needed DPS etc etc, seems like once everyone is in tune we improved immensely.

What you really need to be careful is to track our people who put next to zero effort and still want to raid, make surr you point them out (maybe just by a whisper) and let them know that you can see whats going on...

Apart from that having fun is more important :P

Snippy
07-30-2009, 06:33 AM
Have you considered taking down WWS reports and then comparing them with a guild on the same gear level and content level as you??

That's a great place to start. Numbers don't lie.