PDA

View Full Version : Help me TPS

hoodis
07-28-2009, 12:37 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Laughing+Skull&n=Hoodis)

I am not really struggling with threat in our 25m Uldar but i do cap 2 of our dps on most bosses and alot of them on some, so i feel i need to do something. I usually average ~5-7k tps with frequent spikes to 10k. Im not doing bad, i just need MORE. My survivability isnt an issue at all right now (i have kick ass healers), but i know what to do if that becomes an issue.

I tried hitting exp hard cap, 60. Seemed to help a tad but imo the cost was way too high (3.5k hp before buffs, 7k! after), so i went back. Its a testament to my healers that my survivability didnt seem to change while i did this.

The gear i have on is pretty much all i have, it actually is coincidence im stacking exp on my gear. But even so im open to suggestions on what to shoot for. I commonly drool over Aesirs edge (dropped this week but i wasnt there :(

Talents...im not sure what to do. Ive read SoB over sub, is that really a great increase? Seems like 9% crit on HS would be way better, i do alot of HSs.

I know my TPS is acceptable, but i have a really strong feeling i can do better. Im mainly curious about SoB vs Subversion and ive also seen some lose MoM and take a point in BCB, but that seems like a loss.

Also i can hit 565 def, which lets me switch runes. I lose ~1500 hp when i do, but would the 4% parry be a noticable increase in tps?

Any tips/advice/criticism is greatly appreciated.

Zivh
07-28-2009, 11:07 PM
So, are you actually having a problem holding aggro? Are your dps frequently pulling bosses off of you, or are you just looking at your TPS and thinking it should be higher?

hoodis
07-29-2009, 06:41 AM
A few of my DPS pull off me in some situations and i threat cap them on a few fights. I have this lock that i threat cap most bosses, unless he has to switch to adds or something. But with that said it is mostly me just wanting to do better, its not really a problem.

The best place i can think to improve is my spec, thats why i have mentioned it specifically.

Khilbron
07-29-2009, 08:29 AM
If you can hit 540 defense without SSG I would pick up Sword Shattering. Parry will help you generate more threat due to the parry functionality.
When you parry an attack, the remaining time on your current swing is reduced by 40% of your weapon speed, unless this would result in a reduction to less than 20% of your swing time remaining.

Also in 3.2 Parry and Dodge will be on equal levels for rating to percentage conversions.

hoodis
07-30-2009, 06:42 AM
Picked up an Aeris's last night. Am i correct to assume this is a decent TPS upgrade even though it has less str than my worldcarver? Should i gem str in it to make up for the loss? I still have 30 exp with aesir's on. I gained about 600ish hp gemming sta in it. My burning question still hasnt been touched on though...

Is Scent of Blood better TPS than Subversion?

Is it worth losing MoM and grabbing a point in BCB (i dont believe this one, but i see alot of people do it)?