PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some Help on my gear/spec

quickerden
07-27-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey i am new to tanking, been reading some forms and looking at some strats for tanking on this site. Have to say so far the site been very helpfull. Here is a link to my armory if you have some time to take a peak and give me some suggestions on what enchants/gems or my spec would like some opinions. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kilrogg&n=Pendora)
I been playing ret on my pally for a while and collected most this gear while raiding ret and i have gotten most the enchants i can think of or know about for tanking.

Insahnity
07-27-2009, 12:45 PM
-Your hit and expertise are woefully low. Soft caps are 26 expertise and 263 hit rating
-20 hit to gloves
-22 def to chest. Balance it out by dropping defense in other areas and getting more stats (like hit), and definately go for the socket bonus on your ruby hare
-22 stam to boots, possibly Tuskarrs if you crave the speed (15 stam/run speed boost)
-If you get a helm with a metasocket go for 32 stam/2% armor.
-When considering upgrades, avoid pieces with Shield Block Value and Shield Block Rating where possible. If it's other stats are good (Defense stamina) are ok, great, if everything else is equal go with things that give dodge/parry rating.

Spec
-Unless you pvp, remove imp Hammer of Justice
-Move 5 points from seal of the pure to ret side
-You only need one point in Imp Judgements
-With the points you just freed up, fill in points in heart of the crusader then benediction until you can get conviction. If your raid group has no ret paladins or warriors, you could consider imp might, but i would avoid that if possible.

quickerden
07-27-2009, 01:04 PM
would it be good to get the glyph that gives me expertise on my seal of corruption or should i not worrie about that?

Insahnity
07-27-2009, 01:09 PM
I always forget the glyphs..

-Fill out the minors. First and foremost, Sense undead for nax, then glyph of the wise, then lay on hands. I personally dislike BoK minor, but some people like it, mana should never be an issue when you are buffing, go kick the mage for some water.
-Yes. you could get that, it's better than say Righteous defense. Another glyph to consider is hammer of righteousness, hitting 4 targets is really good. Probably slightly better than Judgement glyphs.

quickerden
07-27-2009, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I see what you mean about my spec i will give that a shot soon as possable. The Hit and Exp is what i will work on in the next day or so switch out some enchants and gems for it. Thanks for the suggestions if you or anyone else can think of anythign else please let me know i am always looking for more tips

Irat
07-27-2009, 04:25 PM
I note or two on your spec.
- Divinity imo is a really poor talent. 5% extra heals is not going to save you when you need it most. The points are better spent in Devine Sacrifice.
- Improved Hammer of Justice is a PvP talent,
- Reckoning is our weakest threat talent and remains our weakest after the patch
- You should be able to cope with just one point in Spiritual Attunement, if not Bless BoSanc
- You only need 1 point in Improved Judgments to maintain a 96969 rotation
- Conviction + Crusade will give you more threat then SotP (until the patch at least)

So with all the points you freed up push deeper into Ret, Im a fan of PoJ so I would pick that up on the way down. Additionally Vindication is getting a PvE buff next patch so it might be worth picking it up on the way down too.

Insahnity’s glyph advice is pretty sound, only thing I would say is Glyph of HotR is a trash glyph, and a really good trash glyph. Personally I don’t think its worth spending a glyph just to make you better at trash thou.