PDA

View Full Version : Frost vs unholy tank

gulmortheus
07-20-2009, 10:36 AM
hello,
I need opinions on my gear, talents and glyphs.
mostly I tank in unholy tree as aoe and huge threat it gives, but my raid healer is complaining that I'm squish for gear I have and that I'm much easier to heal in frost spec.. now my problem is frost spec, as I cant seam to do enough threat in multimobs fights, for example the Thorim 1st stage of fight when the audience from arena is jumping in, BIG PROBLEM, but in unholly they r allways all on me, no problem..

so my q is what to do to improve my frost tanking..

ty all for answering :) and have fun in Azeroth

p.s. talents for ghoul r couse i m use this tree for pvp

Jaeden
07-20-2009, 03:07 PM
Post your armory, preferrably with your tank gear on.

gulmortheus
07-21-2009, 12:36 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Alonsus&n=Gulmortheus)

soz, was copy/pasting so missed out the armory

Silveronfire
07-21-2009, 07:31 AM
I personally dont like acclimation at all. in your case the 3 points can fill out the rest of your imp icy talons (if you are the only frost DK.) I am considering using it for some fights however...id love your opinions on it (you can also remove the 3 points in morbidity as the Deatchoil bonus is not worth much for a frost DK and the cd on DnD is only a problem if you dont glyph for and use HB.)

Change glyph of chains of ice to glyph of HB. Trash rotation= DnD, HB (with glyh), BB. they wont touch your threat.

Happy tanking.

Esch
07-21-2009, 07:47 AM
Frost can do the arena by managing DnD & HB on incoming mobs (Note you only really need to 'tank' the elites, the peasents can be picked up by AoE damage most of the time).

Frost is also more forgiving, with the 3% miss from Dreadplate, but also you have Imp Icy Touch. That 6% dehaste increase is significant across a large(r) number of mobs. From a healing prespective, less swings => less damage => easier to heal. I suspect that those two are adding up a lot.

The Glyph of HB would be ideal, as it would both deal AoE damage but dehaste all the targets with the application of Frost Fever.

I don't agree with how you spent your points, but if you're combining pvp/tanking, something(s) going to suffer. I suggest making one tree pure tanking and the other pvp so you can focus more. I feel you're missing several useful Unholy talents (Dirge, AMZ, Unholy Blight, etc.) in your effort to have pvp viability with your tanking.