PDA

View Full Version : Need advise

Genesis_Omega
07-19-2009, 12:25 AM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Baelgun&n=Genesisomega)

I'm looking to replace my defence trinket for a better trinket, but if I went for something that isen't a bigger def. trinket like that one that drops from 10 man thad, how do I place that lost defence aside from enchanting my shield with the extra 20 Def?

Also if there is something obviously wrong with my current build and I just dont see it, can someone suggest what I would need to change then? Thanks in advance.

kroxix
07-20-2009, 07:44 AM
I ran with Repelling Charge and Essence of Gossamer until I replaced them with Ulduar Trinkets (then I rerolled JC and got my Monarch Crab). You'll see boosts in Defense with certain gear. Just pick up all the tanking gear you can get, so you can mix and match different pieces to maintain stats.

As for your spec, I would suggest taking the points from Puncture and putting 2 points into Gag Order and 1 point into Imp Revenge..then taking 1 point from Shield Spec and placing it into Imp Revenge - giving you a cookie cutter DW build.

Other than that, I think you're doing fine!

Akeber
07-20-2009, 09:11 AM
20 defense is more itemization points than 18 stam. The stam enchant was itemized for BC.

You've gemmed your armor plated cobat shotgun for 8def+12 stam, and its a blue socket, plus 18 stam on your shield. The combination gets you 8 defense rating, allowing you to reach the def minimum, and 30 stam.

If you had 20 defense on your shield, you could swap the gem to a +24 stam, and be comfortably over the defense minimum, while only "losing" six stamina. As you get a few upgrades with more def rating (valor emblem boots would be my first choice), that extra defense from the shield enchant will get you that much closer to being able to drop a defense trinket entirely.

In fact, if you had +def on your chest, +def on your shield, and upgraded the boots, you wouldn't even need the +def trinket and yuu could swap it for something better.

The +health (doesn't scale) to chest and +stam (BC itemization) to shield should really only be considered if you're getting all your defense from gear, with no gemming for it either. Even then I feel they are inferior itemization. If you're using a trinket to reach defense min, and using those stam and health enchants, you're short-changing yourself.

Genesis_Omega
07-20-2009, 12:15 PM
Thanks for the advice, much appricated.

Just one question, I was always under the impression that you tried to stack Stam first while maintaining the Defence Cap, but is it more important to not have your trinkets push you over the Def cap then? If so, then I'll need to get those valor boots definitly as stated before for starters, then go from there.

Genesis_Omega
07-22-2009, 10:53 PM
Bump, I need to know this answer as I just tried MTing Uld for the first time and the skills of the healer assigned to me are rather lacking, so I need the gear as perfect as possible.

We were stopped at XT btw......yeah..