PDA

View Full Version : Getting hit hard according to healers ulduar 10

Borstad
07-17-2009, 07:31 PM
Alright the first thing that came to mind when my healer complained that I was getting hit hard as ot on iron council "easy" mode was that it was a healing problem. I just want to make sure it was before I point at the healers.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Borstad)
Our main tank that he was compraring to was a pally and his armory is
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Primetime)

Chasey
07-17-2009, 07:49 PM
Well let the healers know that IC is one of the harder hitting fights in there. When you get hit you know it in there, nature if the fight. Its not something you guys should start pointing fingers at, its the fight and the place in general. They hit really hard in Ulduar.
Your gear is decent, two suggestions thou, hit some heroics and get the tier chest piece to replace the rep one. The other is your BS profession, please spend a bit of time mining and get those last 50 points to get those 2 gems slots, its one of the biggest profession upgrades a tank can have and that may help you.
Both tanks you linked are very close gear wise, the pally is a bit more closer to avoidance capped which may be some of the difference in the squisy feel your heals see.

Molohk
07-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Since the MT is a pally and you're a warrior, by any chance were the healers used to the pally cleansing himself so you didn't have a healer cleansing you?

Borstad
07-17-2009, 08:47 PM
I wasn't tanking the big guy (sorry I don't know his real name) I was tanking the smaller two. I do not think they curse.

Molohk
07-17-2009, 08:55 PM
They don't, but there's a couple of things you have to watch to minimize the damage:

1) Move them out of the blue runes on the ground, because it buffs their damage.
2) Run out of the overload, or be prepared to take a big chunk of damage.
3) You can interrupt chain lightnings to help mitigate some of the damage.

Borstad
07-17-2009, 09:03 PM
I intervened out of the overloud when I saw it happen, but I was having trouble moving the spell caster back.

Molohk
07-17-2009, 10:08 PM
Yeah, you gotta be ready to shield bash or heroic throw (with gag order) the caster, so you can silence him and move him easily.

Borstad
07-17-2009, 11:27 PM
What I was mad about was that I died when A)They weren't in the blue runes and B)I didn't absorb an overload.

Grakkur
07-18-2009, 12:08 AM
It's time to work on your blacksmithing. Your gear looks pretty fine as well.

Regarding the bosses: If you're tanking both, you will be hit fairly hard. Use your stuns to interrupt chain lightning, and shield bash to move him. Your healers should just stop whining about it and get with the program, fights can't always be easy pickings.

Khanor
07-20-2009, 02:39 AM
Keep in mind Runemaster Molgeim (the iron vrykul - mama bear) casts a shield on himself that, if broken by absorbing 20k (?) damage will buff his damage. Couple this with a rune of power and id be suprised to hear a healer not complaining of their tank getting whaled on. Some easy solutions are a mage spellstealing (our guilds preferred method as they can eat an overload at distance and get the damage increase) or having it purged off. Chances are if your moving out of the runes, and your moving out of the overloads, your missing the shield.

Shield of Runes - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62274)

Thaak
07-20-2009, 05:44 AM
Lots of nature damage going on in that fight. Make sure you've got some kinda nature resist raid buff going on.

Ziig
07-20-2009, 11:07 AM
Keep in mind Runemaster Molgeim (the iron vrykul - mama bear) casts a shield on himself that, if broken by absorbing 20k (?) damage will buff his damage. Couple this with a rune of power and id be suprised to hear a healer not complaining of their tank getting whaled on. Some easy solutions are a mage spellstealing (our guilds preferred method as they can eat an overload at distance and get the damage increase) or having it purged off. Chances are if your moving out of the runes, and your moving out of the overloads, your missing the shield.

Shield of Runes - Spell - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=62274)

I have tanked Molgeim and Brundir a few times, and the damage buff that Molgeim gets after the Shield of Runes is broken is no joke. I have had a Priest be able to heal me through it, but Shammy healer had trouble and I had to Shield Wall to get through it.

Shield Bash works well for silencing Brundir to get him out of the Rune of Power.

uglybbtoo
07-20-2009, 11:14 AM
What I was mad about was that I died when A)They weren't in the blue runes and B)I didn't absorb an overload.

If you arent dying to those two events the shield buff etc should not be a problem it's not that hard hitting in 10 man those are the two that usually kill you and missing interrupt on the whirlwind lightning.

You prob need to webstat it next tiem and see exactly what is happening.

Karisita
07-20-2009, 02:19 PM
I can't say for sure how much damage you're taking and if it's your fault or not, because I haven't been in ulduar... but I will say since Wrath released, every healer I've been with has been complaining I take shittons of damage. And simply put it's because Wrath puts a lot of damage on the board. That's what everyone gets TONS of Stam. Things hit harder. It's different than 70 when WoW was focusing on doing mild AOE's to kill DPS and healers and letting healer death kill tanks. Now they do outstanding damage from the gate to the finish line, and AOE's have gotten sick, Blizz kind of went and did away with single targeting anything and relying on AOE damage and heals more. It's resulted in healers across the board going "why are you getting hit so hard!?" when really it's just that healing is very intense now, and requires real work, even with great tanks with great gear.

Vlad
07-20-2009, 02:57 PM
Alright the first thing that came to mind when my healer complained that I was getting hit hard as ot on iron council "easy" mode was that it was a healing problem. I just want to make sure it was before I point at the healers.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Borstad)
Our main tank that he was compraring to was a pally and his armory is
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Undermine&n=Primetime)

Ulduar fights are usually about coordination and doing the right thing at the right time, get someone else to do interrupts on the little guy if your not tanking him. However your best bet as a warrior is to tank them both together and do the interrupts yourself but I'm pretty sure you'll need better kit than you have to survive that.

Normally we just let him run around and do whatever and heal through it, the only time we bother touching him is if he decideds to walk up and try to melee a healer.

To be fair your gear is pretty lacking in comparison to the pally and quite marginal for Ulduar.

Naelphua
07-20-2009, 09:33 PM
I have tanked Molgeim and Brundir a few times, and the damage buff that Molgeim gets after the Shield of Runes is broken is no joke. I have had a Priest be able to heal me through it, but Shammy healer had trouble and I had to Shield Wall to get through it.

Shield Bash works well for silencing Brundir to get him out of the Rune of Power.
Get a mage to spell steal Molgeim's buff. That could help you out a bit and take stress off your healers.