PDA

View Full Version : Stacking stam

Chasey
07-17-2009, 11:45 AM
Hey guys LONG time lurker here, been posting for a bit and do lots of reading on tankin in general. My main is a Pally tank in a mix of t7.5/t8 gear. Im an enchanter and JC. So I can hit about 35k unbuffed but my avoidance is poor, about 100.5%. I can stay in the 33k unbuffed HP range and be unhittable at 102.4% but my block is high around 23% (higher than I'd like).
My question is, from what I'm reading here, being kinda contradictory to the other sites I see that stam in Ulduar is king! Is this the general consenses here? I would love to push my dodge up higher! But in the mean time would it be more benificial to do the 35k unbuffed or stay at unhittable w/ 22% dodge 18% perry and 23% block?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Steamwheedle+Cartel&n=Kayden)
armory, please don't laugh at the helm I'm 2 badges from T8.5 :(
Fully raid buffed I hit 42k.
on an LOL note I did H-vh w/a few buds yesterday and had the wrong gear w/the right group, doing a heroic w/39k HP is really mana inefficent.

Naelphua
07-18-2009, 12:10 AM
Well im stacking the same thing currently in my gear. My avoidance is solid enough to hit 102.4% if I switch out some of my gear and I could be wrong about this but I thought that cap dropped down quite a bit. Someone correct me if im wrong but ive heard 102.4 during BC and now around 93 in WotLK.
-Edit- I forgot because im half asleep, they removed crushing blows so that 102.4% number cant be accurate anymore. If someone could post what the number for avoidance with block is now that would terrific since I cant remember off the top of my head :(

Lately we've been doing Hard Modes and stuff like XT is hitting me for upwards of 22k or so and having that high health pool to soak up hits is working terrific for me lately. I suppose its all preference but I figured id post my experiences to maybe help you out a bit. Armory link enclosed to me gemming straight Stam.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fenris&n=Naelphua)

Chasey
07-18-2009, 01:34 AM
Well im stacking the same thing currently in my gear. My avoidance is solid enough to hit 102.4% if I switch out some of my gear and I could be wrong about this but I thought that cap dropped down quite a bit. Someone correct me if im wrong but ive heard 102.4 during BC and now around 93 in WotLK.
-Edit- I forgot because im half asleep, they removed crushing blows so that 102.4% number cant be accurate anymore. If someone could post what the number for avoidance with block is now that would terrific since I cant remember off the top of my head :(

Lately we've been doing Hard Modes and stuff like XT is hitting me for upwards of 22k or so and having that high health pool to soak up hits is working terrific for me lately. I suppose its all preference but I figured id post my experiences to maybe help you out a bit. Armory link enclosed to me gemming straight Stam.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Fenris&n=Naelphua)

Thanks for the replay, I looked at your armory, your gear is a lot better than mine and I'd like to see avoidance numbers closer to where you are.
102.4% is still a magic number in Wrath, it is the new unhittable, meaning if you can hit that number w/holy shield up you won't take the full incoming blow. Yes it was uncrushable before but its still a number you shoot for. You might see it referred to as block capped etc...

Martie
07-18-2009, 07:28 AM
Thanks for the replay, I looked at your armory, your gear is a lot better than mine and I'd like to see avoidance numbers closer to where you are.
102.4% is still a magic number in Wrath, it is the new unhittable, meaning if you can hit that number w/holy shield up you won't take the full incoming blow. Yes it was uncrushable before but its still a number you shoot for. You might see it referred to as block capped etc...
It's not a magic number by a long shot.

In Ulduar 25, a shield block is nice, but not required, the difference in damage taken isn't that huge to make it required for survival.

So yeah, being block-capped is nice, it makes damage less spikey, but it's not required anymore.

Naelphua
07-18-2009, 07:51 AM
Ya once block gets buffed in 3.2 id love to stack a slightly bit more block to my gear but when im literally blocking between 1500 and 2k its not a valued stat for me anymore as its not making a huge difference in my incoming damage. Armor and stuff however is and until 3.2 im basically a druid :(

Kazeyonoma
07-18-2009, 08:57 AM
You're probably better off having this in the right forum.

Moved.