PDA

View Full Version : Am I ready to start tanking raids?

slunderbung
07-16-2009, 03:10 PM
I want to begin raiding and I am wondering if my gear is good enough to start. If so, which ones should I begin on, and if not, what should I concentrate on. Here's a link to my Armory:

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kirin+Tor&n=Slunderbung)

Thanks for the help.

Insahnity
07-16-2009, 03:22 PM
I suppose you could start nax 10, but there's still alot of gear in heroics you could use, or even crafted material that would boost your stats.

First and foremost, put 20 defense to your new shield, and get a better trinket than the regal proctectorate. I would keep it in your inventory, as replacing blues with epics will result in a huge drop in defense. Next enchant is defense to cloak (Titanweave). For your next chest, make sure you enchant it with 22 defense.

Once you have those straightened out I would go start raiding nax 10.

Other things you can do:

Crafted gear - Titansteel helm and boots - lotsa stam and defense.

-Stam Trinket from H AN, block trinket from lavanthor in H VH, and def trinket from REGULAR HoL
-Belt from H AN or badge belt
-Pants from H UK
-ring from H DTK
-gloves from exalted kirin tor or H Gundrak
-List goes on... AtlasLoot is your friend.

orcstar
07-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Like Insahnity said: consider also the following, after getting the defense to shield and cloak, you could get the pvp enchant for the shoulders, it's pretty nice, also enchant your bracer with 40 stamina.

Those two upgrades will make your hp jump about 800 which helps quite a lot.

Durnic
07-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Don't forget that you can drop that +16 agility gem in your pants for a +24 stamina one. The +4 strength bonus really isn't any good.

If I were you I would run way more heroics before stepping into a raid, Insahnity has a good list of upgrades for you in his post. If you need a more comprehensive list, I have a good one over on my 'blog (http://www.orlyfactor.com/beginning-your-tanking-career-heroics/). I hope it's okay that I post that link, not trying to toot my own horn, just trying to help.