PDA

View Full Version : Tanking Emalon 25

Trip
07-16-2009, 01:17 AM
I just got done tanking him in a pug and it went kinda rough. We downed him but it seemed like my health was dipping to 1% several times during the fight. He would hit me for around ~20k at some points during the encounter.

I only have ~28k HP unbuffed and am lacking gear especially in chest/trinket slots. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&n=Trip)

Mr.Winkle
07-16-2009, 02:34 AM
Well tbh some of your gear could be better. Remember Emalon is effectively a T8 boss so he hits relatively hard. If you were staying in for the shockwave AOE and got hit and the same time then i'm not surprised your heatlh took a plummet.

But if you didn't die then you really did nothing wrong, just go get yourself some better gear.

Trip
07-16-2009, 08:23 AM
I wasn't standing in the shockwave but yeah I guess it is my gear.

Chasey
07-16-2009, 11:25 PM
I just got done tanking him in a pug and it went kinda rough. We downed him but it seemed like my health was dipping to 1% several times during the fight. He would hit me for around ~20k at some points during the encounter.

I only have ~28k HP unbuffed and am lacking gear especially in chest/trinket slots. Any suggestions on what I might be doing wrong?

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Kil%27jaeden&n=Trip)
Like it was said, he is a T8 boss and he hits hard. Since you asked for suggestion I can throw you a couple, Start running heroics and get the T7 chest, at the content we are in there is no reason why you don't have it.
The trinkets I'm hoping are there cause you did some PVP tonite, if not H-VH H-AN and HoL are in order to run to get some tanking trinkets. Spend a bit of gold on your boots, cape and weapon.
And I got a HUGE question, as a tank that is serious enough to come here and ask for suggestion and want help would you not have you professions maxed? You are leaveing a TON of HP's on the board, a great trinket and huge money making potential to boot.
Please note none of this is meant to be insultive, just lending a hand.