PDA

View Full Version : Emalon's Adds

Tazlex
07-15-2009, 12:41 PM
I already know how the Emalon fight progresses. I have tanked both the Adds and Emalon himself on 10 man Vault (separate encounters, not all at once), and I have tanked Emalon himself on 25 man Vault. My question is with my gear (mostly 10 man stuff), would I be able to tank a 25 man Vault? My guild typically runs 10 man raids, so any 25 I get in will be a PuG. With my gear and current HP, would I be able to tank the four adds while one is getting charged and hitting harder.

Also am I under the correct impression that the adds are more difficult to tank than the boss (being that they hit harder).

WoW Armory Armory has not fully updated it seemed. I acquired the Mimiron Inferno Bracers recently from 25 man FL.

Archylus
07-15-2009, 12:57 PM
I'm mostly OT cuz Im new at game, and always tank Emmalon ( single target tank is easier than multiple target) . indeed Adds are more difficult.

Theotherone
07-15-2009, 02:24 PM
You're more than fine to tank the adds on 25 man. The adds are generally more difficult to tank then Em, and can be made even tougher by the dps who decide to target an add on the pull (why did you only grab three of the adds?) and the dps who decide they're being helpful burning an add that isn't enraging (it doesn't help, it just spawns another add you have to pick up).

Anyway, gear-wise imho you're fine.

BlazeDale
07-15-2009, 02:36 PM
I tank the boss and the adds on 25 man.... I'm sure you could tank either.

Tazlex
07-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Actually me and some guildies went in and made a 25 Vault (soon after I started this threat). I did the adds and we lived. Had a couple problems trying to find the newly spawns one but otherwise didn't have much more than a hiccup. One shotted both bosses. I did get floored on the trash mob for some odd reason, but survived the adds, used CD's when the overcharge came to hopefully mitigate any extra damage.

Looked at my eavesdrop, didn't see myself getting high enough heals fast enough for the trash mob that floored me (20k Melee swing took me down it looks like). Second mob got tanked just fine by me.

xenogriff
07-15-2009, 06:20 PM
if ur referring to the initial adds and not the 2 lightning adds in the new wing, they have an ability they do during whirl that cuts ur defense by 500 hence the 20k hit

u dont normally see it too often as dps usually burns it down too quickly but it can happen once in a while

Tazlex
07-15-2009, 06:50 PM
It was the initial Wind Elemental on the new wing that faceplanted my paladin.

headknocker
07-16-2009, 08:43 AM
You'll be fine. You're only using 2-3 of your jewelcrafter gems though. Only thing really harder about the 25man add tanking roll is that there's a lot more dps/healers in the way, so you need to be really quick on adds after they respawn or they tend to whack someone. A MD or two will make your life vastly easier.