PDA

View Full Version : HALP!!!! Talents, glyph etc...

Archylus
07-15-2009, 09:39 AM
Hi!!!
Well I start doing Ulduar 10 and 25. As I seem in another post this will be a good build for ulduar
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LAM00fZhZMItrx0didIzsGo:TrdmMz)

With Improve Disciplines and major glyphs of shield wall, last stance, and blocking.

Now I this is my armory The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Ragnaros&cn=Archylus&gn=Post+Mortem)

Glyph Revenge, Devastate and Vigilance :S

Should I change this ??

In my armory, what stats are bad ? What should I improve!!!:p

Thanks a lot !!!

Squirrelnut
07-15-2009, 11:08 AM
Are you MTing bosses or filling more of an OT role? The reason to spec into Improved Disciplines and glyph for Shield Wall / Last Stand is to reduce your cooldown time to 2 minutes for each which is nice to have on a lot of boss fights.

Your current revenge, devastate, vigilance are nice for trash and TPS but could cause issues if you were the MT on fights such as Hodir, General, etc. If you are going to be an OT for most of it you could stay with the Pre-Ulduar spec of 15/5/51 and leave your glyphs or if you are switching to be the MT you could go 15/3/53 with imp disc and glyph for shield wall / last stand. Or you may consider a full survivability spec such as 5/15/53 with glyphed shield wall / last stand.

Some things to note about your gear:
- never gem for strength as a prot warrior
- try to take advantage of socket bonuses when possible ESPECIALLY since you are a JC and could be throwing 41stam gems in.
- Enchant your bracers with 40 stam
- Socket your belt
- Focus on health/avoidance more then block/block rating as it is currently a bad stat for everything other then trash
- Try to get an essence of gossamer to replace your valor medal trinket

Your hp is really low considering you are a JC, you really need to finish leveling that as it is a great help.

Archylus
07-15-2009, 12:39 PM
Well right now Im MT... There is a better tank but let me do hes job to learn about the role. In other fights I work as OT.
I was thinking about change my 2 cruelty poing to disciplines it's ok ?
And change vigilance, and devastate to last stance and shield wall
how about that :D

- Mmm I have a problem with my helm, my first tank helm was tempered titansteel.On it I use meta gem and solid sky and they works. But in this helm it has a red socket first I use the same combination but the meta gem seems like deactivate. :S then I change to the red gem and seems to work againg. That is normal or just a momentary bug ( i havent try to put the solid sky )?

- about JC ! Thats the primary goal... I change to JC recently to get more stamina ( is really expensive to get gems in my server ) a side question, does money make guides works ? maybe noob question but I have to do it.

- The belt was my new item yesterday :D, it has block (guildies says that i have low block, then I replace my Ablative Chitin Girdle - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=39759) for this)

- It's better look for dodge ? than block ?

- I was thinking about gossamer but to replace seal of phanteon :S Im still too new to know the best :confused:

yup tauren and low hp bad combination :(

Thanks alot !!! :D

Squirrelnut
07-15-2009, 01:00 PM
You only glyph for Shield Wall / Last Stand if you pickup improved disciplines so yes if you go that route it would be a good choice to take the 2 points from cruelty and put them in there.

When talking about a Prot Warrior who isn't doing a gimmick trash set or the UA build (70%+ dodge/parry/block) anyone that recommends block doesn't know what they are talking about in the current state of the game.

You have to stay over the defense minimum of 540+ so you have to see where you are at when removing the Seal because you don't want to have to start gemming defense to stay over 540. If you can replace the Seal and still be ok on defense then great do so, but you should also replace the Valor Medal trink as it is fairly bad for Prot Warriors and you would be much better off with a Monarch Crab JC trinket that you can make once you level it up.

Archylus
07-15-2009, 01:36 PM
Lol with the changes that I put in my last post my armory in talents will be like yours xD i didn't notice :D

Then Dodge and a little of parry will works better in boss tanking right ? ( now Im looking info about this xD)

Now I have 563 of defense maybe will be a good change :P Monarch is a great trinket gossamer and monarch crab will be good to start.

tkx !!!

Squirrelnut
07-15-2009, 01:49 PM
Gossamer and Monarch Crab were the two I used when starting Ulduar, they are a good starting combo.

As a prot warrior you want to take advantage of socket bonuses of dodge, defense, etc but generally you want to gem for stamina in blue sockets, stam/expertise in red, and JC 41 stam in others. HP is really important for Prot warriors because we do not yet have rage on avoidance so we actually WANT to be hit enough to generate good rage and be able to implement our rotation and output good threat while not making the lives of our healers miserable. Dodge/parry really come naturally in gear as you get better pieces so don't worry about them (avoid parry when possible, it is terrid and mostly so is block).

Archylus
07-15-2009, 02:59 PM
Wow thank !!! After read the post I found this

Avoidance vs. mitigation
Defense, dodge and parry are called avoidance stats, as you avoid the entire effect of the attack. Block is called mitigation, as you mitigate (lessen the effect) of the attack. So for example if you have 20% dodge, 20% parry and 20% block, you have 40% chance to take no damage and 20% to block some of the damage.
http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46925-defensive-stance-warrior-information-compilation.html (You use it in your resume post ! gj BTW )

Now I have something in my head, how the new patch will change this :D now I'm looking for a post that clarify this :D

Thankx a lot !!