PDA

View Full Version : Prot paladin looking for any advice

ShanexD
07-15-2009, 02:24 AM
Hey there guys this is my first post on the website i have been coming here for about a year now checking on how my tanking is coming along etc. but now the time has come to ask all you guys out there what you think of my armory. Ive just started to Main tank inside Ulduar with my guild and just wanted to make sure that im heading the right way.

All help and ideas are greatly appreciated.
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=Sylex)
Sylex

Andronikus
07-15-2009, 02:38 AM
Maybe the armory is wrong or a pally has something i don't know about... but you have a defence trinket... and have gemmed for defence... but you only have a flat 540?

I think you are more that likely geared for the Ulduar content i have seen, first 4 bosses. If you can get the 25 man vendor tanking ring it would help. Has loads of def on it plus other stats so can free up some def gems for stamina.

From what i have seen from others EH is the major thing in Ulduar. Even seen some of the top tanks on my server using both trinkets for pure stamina.

Alent
07-15-2009, 02:39 AM
I'd replace Glyph of HotR for glyph of Judgement, and glyph of the wise for the 5 min reduction on LoH. I'd also shift one of the two points in imp judgement to benediction as it's wasted right now (but the mana reduction can add up even as little as it is)

Actively weed BV and BR out of your set. There are some BV pieces in ulduar that are good stepping stone upgrades, don't discard them out of hand, but in general you want to be working towards good EH and Avoidance. T7.5 shoulders are best in slot. Pugging Naxx25 through to Loatheb should be a priority.

your stam and armor seems dangerously low, if you can get up to 30K hp unbuffed it's a good idea, work on getting more armor on gear, as well, but not at the sacrifice of defense rating.

Stoneguard is an abyss crystal.