PDA

View Full Version : I Love the Smell of Saronite (10) as Warrior Tank

Memnos
07-14-2009, 09:24 AM
I having some major concerns as our guild MT for this fight and I was hoping to gain some knowledge from the folks here. To start, Im in a 10 man hard core guild, so please keep that in mind when it comes to gearing. Were currently working on Freya and Mimi as the last two hard modes needed for Algalon. At any rate, this is on my guilds hit list and while its not immidiate I wanted to get a a head start on it. At this point every video Ive found of this in 10 man mode with a Warrior tanking has used the kite method. Actually every video Ive watched with a Paladin has kited too. Our current strat for killing Vezzax normal, does not include kiting and while we tried kiting in our early attempts, we found managing coolodowns/mana and Vapor's easier and more reliable than kiting. So moving to the kiting method really thorws a wrench into what were accustom to, but still is something we could do if necessary. I am really looking for advice on pro's/con's for kiting and not kiting with a Warrior tank and also how you do gear or would gear for this fight. Also any tops/tricks/advise would be helpful.

Squirrelnut
07-14-2009, 12:38 PM
I am curious as to the number of guilds which use the kite method for hard mode as well. We generally just tank through it on normal modes but I suppose it could make sense to greatly reduce the healing required by kiting.

Risky
07-14-2009, 12:41 PM
We usually stand still during 10m, kite on 25.

For hardmode, my group at least has a DK maintank, me (warrior tank) in threat gear/threat spec keeping debuffs up and ready to pick up the animus. then it's burn and pray, then win, then profit!

tuffmuffin
07-14-2009, 12:49 PM
Pro: Tank takes less damage allowing healers to save a little mana

Cons: Melee could get Shadow Crash or Mark if they don't stay close enough to Vezax during the kite and cause a wipe. Lower threat on both Vezax and the Animus, which can lead to threat capping which can then lead to a wipe because DPS was too low resulting in OOM healers anyway. Shadow Crash positioning may become an issue, resulting in ranged having to stop DPS until a new one comes

Memnos
07-14-2009, 12:53 PM
Yeah, and Im not sure whether or not this is a problem for us yet. We have a Druid tank, but RL is keeping him from the game as of late. So its basically me when it comes to the next best option and we don't have a DK tank being a small guild and all. So Im trying to figure out what I need to do to help my healers. Stack dodge, stack HP, etc.. Things like is Rune of Repulsion - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40372) or Valor Medal of the First War - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=40683) better to wear than Essence of Gossamer - Item - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=37220).

We've kinda given ourself a teaser to see how well we can do at it, and we got him to about 45% before I got owned during an enrage, while healers still had mana, they would not have lasted till Vezzax was dead. So Im trying to see what things I can do as a Warrior to require less heals and make sure Im not gimping us.

Misko
07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Well I used to have a huge scare of tanking him standing still in 10 man but what works is alternating shield wall and trinkets/outside tricks(bubble sac/guardian spirit/pain suppression). Also if you have a dps warrior, have him/her get imp demo shout and that should reduce the damage you take from vezax by ALOT.

Also I would not recommend a kite strat for doing hardmode, it's much more unpredictable shadowcrashes, you lose threat, and any physical dps you have will lose dps time.