PDA

View Full Version : Great advice so far

TheChildeRoland
07-14-2009, 08:47 AM
Guys, thanks so much for the advice so far. In a couple previous threads I have gotten some good advice now I have another question? I am slowly getting geared with TRUE tank armor and such. I recently got the sword from UP and a tank belt. So with this armor helping me with my def rating, what def rating should i shoot for? Do I stop at a certain number? Or do I start to up my avoidance with gems and add a little stam when I can? I know that the more tank gear I get with up my avoidance because they usually contain additions to block parry and dodge. But what do I do in the mean time? Below is the link for my toon, however I did log out in PVP gear I am toying with. I will log out next in proto.

Thnx
Childe
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&n=Childeroland)

dirt
07-14-2009, 09:10 AM
I'd say in your case(without seeing your gear), the general rule of thumb is to gear/enchant/gem for STA & Def. The more health you have the better, same goes for defense.

The defensive minimums for heroics is 535 and 540 for raids. As you get better gear, particularly if you are raiding you'll more than likely need to gem/enchant some to stay above 540. I'm not going to say it's bad to go the way of avoidance, it certainly has it's place. As you already said, much of the gear you will be collecting will take care of those stats. If you do gem for it, never gem for parry, as it suffers much more from DR than dodge. If you find you are having issues with holding aggro, you may want to consider gem/enchanting for expertise.

Nothing here is 100% set in stone, but if you are starting out health & def is going to more often than not be your best bet. The more the better, your healers will thank you for it. :)