PDA

View Full Version : Gear problems!

Klanky
07-12-2009, 07:10 PM
For some reason, though my gear works fine for my tank style, i can;t help but find myself upset with my low block parry and dodge ratings.

I've managed to tank NAXX 10s (Main) and Most heroics are no problem but for some reason no matter how hard i try i just keep finding lines i just can;t cross. I Want to get into raiding Ulduar and i'm open to suggestion.

Armory - Klanky (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Malorne&n=Klanky)

Acier287
07-12-2009, 07:22 PM
ok..yeah.
Those blues gotta go. Go run H UP for the red sword of courage. If possible go into naxx and get the cape off of maxxena or save 25 emblems of valor for the cape from there. Try and get a chest piece from 25 OS or badges and get a T7. Grobbulus from 25 man naxx also has a nice chest. Im not a fan of engineering but imo that sonic trinket has to go. Go run H AN (i think) and get essence of gossamer. Those shoulders have to go as well. 10 man naxx has a nice pair of em that drop quite often off patchwerk.

As for enchants you will almost always enchant def. As a paladin you should never gem for atk power. If u need a red slot use a dodge/stam gem instead.

One last thing get your hodir rep up

Davout
07-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Your spec: You aren't using the 96969 rotation Lore mentions here http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f64/40539-paladinning-patch-day.html(older post, but rotation remains)

I would advise putting one point in improved judgements so you can achieve that rotation, that way you cycle through without wasting GCDs.

Until you get to Auriana in Ulduar, there is very little that fears, and little disoirentation or stunning until Vezax trash, so you can drop Unyielding Faith and Stoicism for One Handed Weapon Spec and Improved judgements. Then you will be able to move the points from Seals of the Pure to Conviction which will improve your threat from all attacks, rather than just Autoswing and HotR.

As for Glyphs, I would recommend you grab the Seal of Vengeance Glyph to replace the Shield fo the Righteous Glyph once you start replacing gear in naxx as you will lose Expertise and with Divine Plea ticking along you won't be mana starved.

Above poster has it dead on for gear upgrade choices. Another thing you can do to speed gearing up is this:

Farm Flame Leviathan in 10 man Ulduar. This may sound intimidating, but there is some really nice loot there that you can get in there. It is actaully not too bad, just remember that the Pyrite DoT is king for burning it down. You can also try undermanning 25 man Flame Lev, although ilvl may start hurting your group there.

Quick Youtube search for videos gives these:

YouTube - Spite 4 man Flame Levi 25 man June 8th 2009(25 man 4 manned, I recommend taking quite a few more, fewest I've done it sucessfully is 15 but we almost got it with 10 people, then more guildies logged on so we grabbed them)

YouTube - Flame Leviathan 4 Man (10 man 4 manned, this I have done once, just takes practice and a willingness to wipe a couple times learning it)

Klanky
07-14-2009, 11:38 AM
Thank you guys for the advice, working on those now and have my rotations down again, though Heroic Pinnacle is cause some trouble I'll work through it.

Glorc
07-14-2009, 11:59 AM
Where your at in gearing, your armory numbers actually look pretty good.

Not Sure when 3.2 will go live, and the parry changes will make it on par or closer to dodge.
If you get some juicy upgrades in the near future, i recommend avoiding parry gems. You more bang for your gem slots if you go with dodge instead.
Also When you get a new cloak i would put + def on it instead of agility, leaves you more room to convert + defense gems to your gem of choice.

Neanor
07-14-2009, 07:50 PM
Btw, if you're unlucky in getting drops like me, Teldrassil Protector (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45076) is a much easier to get item and IMO compares quite favorably to the red sword of courage. You lose threat but gain some avoidance.