PDA

View Full Version : Uld 10 ready?

Darthknight
07-11-2009, 06:22 PM
hi guys I have been wandering weather the gear I have is ready for Ulduar 10 man, if just the first few bosses for a bit more gear up, hoping to get the tanking shoulders off anub or patch soon but that wont be until next reset, please look at my gear and say weather you think it is Ulduar 10 ready or not and please suggest any new loot that could be helpful for me :)

I don't think armour takes presence into account, i have 29.6k HP unbuffed, not the almost 27k that armoury says

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Eonar&n=Darthknight)

Vengence
07-11-2009, 09:49 PM
My own x-guild master said that I was not ready for ulduar, The Specificalitys: 28k HP unbuffed maxed hp of 30K unbuffed.

Of course when your own guild master will not pull you into a ulduar 10 run, to get geared on the easier fights you can find your self at a disadvantage.

Today there was a DK tank who sat and ran naxx 25 for 5 hours in attempt to upgrade the Tempered Titan Steel tanking helm. It drop. Now I am not going to preech to you or anyone else reading this, however I took the helm, it wasnt my run, and the leader of the run gave up after 5 wipes. I stayed and finished on the 10th. I replaced 18 people during this course. Moral of the story is you need to have the gear and have alot more HP. My recommendation is to pick up BlackSmithing and Jewel Crafting. Untill blizzard its all its grace and glory decide to un-nerf DK tanks and put them back as the hero class they were supposed to be we DKs will no longer be first picks for tanks atop of Pallys and Warriors.

Thedom
07-11-2009, 09:56 PM
Not to be outright rude Vengence but most of this made no sense and there is no need to get into a "x tank is better than y tank" discussion that many threads become. All tanks have advantages in certain situations and disadvantages in others. Are they are perfect and balance? No, but this is certainly not a perfect world (of warcraft) so they never will be. Not to mention hero class doesn't mean a death knight should be better at every job than other classes at end game, the point is balance and the "bring the player not the class" philosophy. As such a skilled player of any class role (that they are meant to do) should be able to manage given a minimum gear level.

To the point of the OP - I would think you are still a bit low for Ulduar but with solid healers you could probably scrape by the first few bosses but it wouldn't be a walk in the park.

Akeber
07-12-2009, 08:43 AM
It also depends alot on how your guild views uldaur 10, and what the goals for runs are. 10 mans (like naxx) can be an "easier" version of 25s, good for gearing toons that are behind the curve to get them caught up. If this is how your guild is viewing 10s then they may choose to "carry" you through to gear up.

On the other hand, by adding hard modes with better loot rewards (many BiS) to the 10 mans, many guilds are now viewing 10 mans a a place for geared raiders to grab upgrades that will benefit them in 25s. The hard modes generally require geared toons, people experienced with the encounters, etc. etc. If this is your guild's goals for ten mans, they are unlikely to want to bring you in until you can perform at the level required to contribute in hard modes.

Tooze
07-12-2009, 09:21 AM
Your gear seems pretty good except that your HP does seem pretty low. You really should try to replace your shoulders since most people dont care for tanks who still wear blues, and trinks are the only exception to that rule.