PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a new 80.

DingoBreath
07-11-2009, 04:16 PM
Hey guys, so I just hit 80 yesterday and have been running a few heroics to get some gear, here is my armory - The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nesingwary&n=Cit)
(http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Nesingwary&n=Cit)Was just wondering if I need to swap any glyphs around and what I can do to improve my AoE tanking a bit seeing how I'll need to do better so I can start running Heroic Azjol-Nerub.

Thanks in advance.

Nazhir
07-11-2009, 08:02 PM
For AoE threat, you should replace Glyph of Sunder Armor with Glyph of Cleave. You will hit three targets using your Cleave with this Glyph, giving you a spammable ability while TC/SW are on cooldown.

Other than that you're looking pretty good. Bits of your gear could use enchants but, you'll likely replace a lot of the gear very quickly so I can understand why you haven't enchanted it.

Just remember that some pieces won't be replaced as quickly - check for upgrades, see where they're from, gauge their availability. Enchant any items that you think you'll hang onto for a while.

You're also well over the defense cap. You might consider +10 to Chest, and using a Titanium Plating on your shield over the Defense enchant.

Also look into the Armor Plated Combat Shotgun for your Ranged slot - its nice for Stam and is fairly easily crafted by an Engineer.

Also, Heroic VH is well within your range, so start farming it for the Leggings from Cyanigosa.

Hope this helps :)

Sray
07-11-2009, 09:28 PM
Don't put +10 to stats on a blue chest piece. Save that till you get Tier

Ezketra
07-11-2009, 10:15 PM
Don't put +10 to stats on a blue chest piece. Save that till you get Tier

Indeed. 10stats is hundreds of gold more expensive than 8stats. That's hundreds of gold you could put to FAR better use than 22hp and almost insignificantly increased TPS and block etc. This is assuming you're not loaded already.

Nazhir
07-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I meant when she upgraded her gear - +10 stats as opposed to +22 Defense. Referred to her not enchanting low-quality gear due to Enchanting costs earlier in the post.