PDA

View Full Version : Midigation or Stamina

jamsx1
07-11-2009, 03:40 PM
My guildmates insist I gem for midigation and not stack stamina. Most people outside the guild tell me to stack stamina. I prefer to stack stamina. I'm at crossroads here, what is best at this time? Heres a link to my Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&cn=Mintari&gn=Crimson+Dragons)

I know I need some more expertise, I'm going to adress that if I regem or not. Opinions? Suggestions?

Darksend
07-11-2009, 06:54 PM
My guildmates insist I gem for midigation and not stack stamina. Most people outside the guild tell me to stack stamina. I prefer to stack stamina. I'm at crossroads here, what is best at this time? Heres a link to my Armory:
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Antonidas&cn=Mintari&gn=Crimson+Dragons)

I know I need some more expertise, I'm going to adress that if I regem or not. Opinions? Suggestions?

1) gem mitigation? mitigation is armor you cannot gem armor do you mean gem avoidance? do you mean gem effective health?

2) post in the right forum

Durandro
07-11-2009, 07:14 PM
Stamina gives more noticable returns, generally speaking. However, gemming red sockets with Dodge/Stamina purple gems isn't a terrible thing.

jamsx1
07-11-2009, 09:30 PM
1) gem mitigation? mitigation is armor you cannot gem armor do you mean gem avoidance? do you mean gem effective health?

2) post in the right forum

1) You know what i meant
2) Does geming not fall under gear & enchanting
3) If you do not add anything constructive to add to the discussion please do not waste your or my time

Durandro, thank you for adding something worth reading to this post

Darksend
07-12-2009, 12:25 AM
1) You know what i meant
2) Does geming not fall under gear & enchanting
3) If you do not add anything constructive to add to the discussion please do not waste your or my time

1) no I do not know and you still did not answer my question, did you mean avoidance or effective health

2 and 3)
Read the forum rules http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f56/46395-posting-chat-rules-read-me-before-posting.html

Some quick guides:

HALP! I need advice (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f175/:) This is where you go to ask for help. If you are posting a link to your armoury to ask for help or suggestions, your post belongs here. If you are asking "Am I ready to tank X?", your post belongs here. If you're asking about your talent spec, or a talent spec you came up with, your post belongs here.

Gear Discussion (http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f97/:) If you're asking if X is better than Y, or are looking for a gear ranking list, this is where you should be. Discussion about enchantments and gems also goes here. This forum is meant for discussion about gear that others may find useful, so we want armoury and talent help requests in a different forum.

Rules are in place for a reason, it is also very infuriating when one of the moderators took the time to write up the rules for new users and people blatantly wait the time out and click continue without reading any of it.

Dragaan
07-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Darksend is right. I also am confused by your wording. There is no way to gem for mitigation (unless you count gemming for agility..). Are you just asking about gemming Avoidance vs. Stamina? Gemming for mostly stamina is usually the best choice.

jamsx1
07-12-2009, 08:32 AM
Darksend is right. I also am confused by your wording. There is no way to gem for mitigation (unless you count gemming for agility..). Are you just asking about gemming Avoidance vs. Stamina? Gemming for mostly stamina is usually the best choice.

Yes I meant gemming for Avodiance than straight up Stamina, I prefer Stamina over avodiance. My guild states avodiance is better than stamina but I disagree. Should I try to maintain 20% avodiance on dodge,parry, and block. Than for for pure stamina? Thats what I done before. They prefer to stack dodge.

Trondhjem
07-12-2009, 10:32 AM
Stamina

Take some socket-boni if you prefer it with dodge/stam or def/stam but mostly pure Stamina.
You say you also prefer stacking stamina but therefore your armory is not very consistent: why dont you regem Monarch Crab? You could gem 24 stam and 8 def 12 stam (you should still be above 540). Or your Gauntlets: 8def 12 stam. Waht about the prismatic in your Shoulder? 41 Stam would fit in well there.
Your 28% dodge are far more than enough.

You mentioned your expertise: just use 8exp/12 stam instead of 8 dodge / 12 stam if you really think you have to reach the cap.

jamsx1
07-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Stamina

Take some socket-boni if you prefer it with dodge/stam or def/stam but mostly pure Stamina.
You say you also prefer stacking stamina but therefore your armory is not very consistent: why dont you regem Monarch Crab? You could gem 24 stam and 8 def 12 stam (you should still be above 540). Or your Gauntlets: 8def 12 stam. Waht about the prismatic in your Shoulder? 41 Stam would fit in well there.
Your 28% dodge are far more than enough.

You mentioned your expertise: just use 8exp/12 stam instead of 8 dodge / 12 stam if you really think you have to reach the cap.

Yes , I just did mostly what you recomened just now, changed some gems and gear out. Got some more expertise and stamina so I think im happier now. If only the Broken Promise will drop tonite and i will be happy.

Kazeyonoma
07-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Moved.