PDA

View Full Version : Taking to much dmg MTing.

Tactical
07-11-2009, 12:21 AM
Im a tauren warrior ( Prot/Arms ) i tank any and every raid i can with the guild im in to help the guild and friends.im having trouble with my prot warrior for a while now alot of the healers in the guild r telling me i take alot of dmg in naxx and ulduar and i dont know y i am taking so much dmg.
My warrior is ( Sicko / Earthen ring / Horde )
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Earthen+Ring&n=Sicko)
My stats,
24250 armor
542 defense
25.78% dodge
18.02% parry
25.50% block
32+k health unbuffed
Im also a maxxed JC and maxxed BS so i get an extra socket and the prismatic gems.
most of my gear is 25man naxx gear with the shield off of KT,weapon off of 25man FL (Titansgaurd).
I also have the 10man ulduar tier8 pants in the bank.
I wanna know if theres any gear i can change around to stop getting hit so much.
If u need any more info on my gear post on here,ill reply if not u can armory or wow-heroes.com me most of the time when im not tanking im doing arena so my pvp gear is on.

Asheowyn
07-12-2009, 06:41 PM
Your healers are used to heal ezmode Naxx and Ulduar is a bit more serious than that?
I can't really think of another valid reason, unless you're deep into Ulduar perhaps.

Nazhir
07-12-2009, 11:00 PM
You should log out in your tank gear. I can't give you a detailed analysis just by asking what gear you have, sorry.

In regards to talents, you need to pick up Glyph of Blocking. It is invaluable for damage reduction.

Barring errors in your rotation or incorrect management of abilities, I can see no major issues. May just be your healers. There are certain bosses that just, plain and simply, hit hard. They're hard to heal. If your healers think all bosses are just occasional heals and top-ups, then they need to restudy the fights.

Either way, the issue isn't clear from the information you provided :(

It would, however, help A LOT if you log out in your tank gear.

Tactical
07-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Ill sign out in prot gear right now so u can see my prot gear that i use in 25man naxx and 25man ulduar.

cudmaster
07-13-2009, 04:05 PM
Looking at stats, you should be fine.

Honestly I've got BiS (non hardmode) gear, and (bad) healers tell me I'm hard to heal.

The solution to this problem is to either to get better healers or reroll druid, pally, or dk and gem all stam.

Spazlord
07-13-2009, 06:00 PM
With a little more gear from Ulduar, you'll be ok. I'm feeling pretty comfortable in there now with some extra stam/armour on what you have.

It's definitely tough on the healers in there, they do need to step it up a lot coming out of Tier 7. On the same note, tanks need to play much more defensively and work to minimize that damage. In Naxx I was wearing a few pieces of DPS gear ^^.

Valalvax
07-13-2009, 06:11 PM
When I first started doing heroics, the guild priest constantly told me I'm hard to heal, set up a combatlog for heals only, paid attention to buffs, no pom, shield, renew wasn't frequent,...
In short, figure out if your healer is doing their job right

Toblerone
07-13-2009, 10:29 PM
Your stats are fine. Ulduar just hurts, the healers need to adapt. By the sounds of it they're used to someone else tanking who is maybe another class or better geared, or they're still in the Naxx mindset where everything was easy.

Tactical
07-14-2009, 01:58 PM
all the naxx gear i have it all 25man, i have few pieces from 25man ulduar.
and the healers we have are very good healers they have healer ulduar since it came out.