PDA

View Full Version : New to TS need some tank help.

Tactical
07-10-2009, 10:42 PM
Hows it going everybody.Im new to tankspot ive looked on here for some help in ulduar and stuff but hardly ever have time to post.

Im a tauren warrior ( Prot/Arms ) i tank any and every raid i can with the guild im in to help the guild and friends.im having trouble with my prot warrior for a while now alot of the healers in the guild r telling me i take alot of dmg in naxx and ulduar and i dont know y i am taking so much dmg.

My stats,
24250 armor
542 defense
25.78% dodge
18.02% parry
25.50% block
32+k health unbuffed
Im also a maxxed JC and maxxed BS so i get an extra socket and the prismatic gems.
most of my gear is 25man naxx gear with the shield off of KT,weapon off of 25man FL (Titansgaurd).
I also have the 10man ulduar tier8 pants in the bank.
I wanna know if theres any gear i can change around to stop getting hit so much.
If u need any more info on my gear post on here,ill reply if not u can armory or wow-heroes.com me most of the time when im not tanking im doing arena so my pvp gear is on.

Doormat
07-10-2009, 11:31 PM
I would suggest you read the forum rules.

Tactical
07-11-2009, 12:18 AM
hehe i did post it in the wrong place but like i said uptop im new here.

Pkhearts
07-11-2009, 01:59 AM
Your stats seem sound. You're entering a realm of raiding where you're GOING to constantly and consistently see high bursts of damage that may seem to compromise your choice of tanking gear. However, this seems to be the new challenge that alot of tanks are facing at the moment. Hopefully with the 3.2 patch that'll be increasing Block Value, concerns of tanking may dilute a bit.

Tactical
07-11-2009, 10:33 AM
The weird thing is when i OT 25man ulduar i dont take as much dmg as i do when im MTing 25man naxx.

Kazeyonoma
07-13-2009, 01:36 PM
being new and not reading rules do not excuse the problem. In the future please take a moment to read the posting rules before making new threads.

Welcome to the forums btw.

Moved.

Giles Deathstalker
07-13-2009, 03:12 PM
A link to a recent WWS and a link to Armory would be helpful.

I a lot of the ulduar fights are about movement are you having trouble with strafing and movement maybe getting your backed turned and getting smacked with your back turned ?

Do you have a steady roation of using your cooldowns both ability and trinkets and not just saving them for when you low on health?

As people have said in Ulduar you take a lot more damage, and you take more damage in general as the MT than you do as the OT.

Tactical
07-14-2009, 01:54 PM
In ulduar i OT , wat i dont understand is that in ulduar i dont take as much dmg as i do in 25man naxx.
My guild has 25man naxx on farm, and we r always switching MT's so ppl learn the fights as a tank.
But yet idk wat it could be.
Also my rotation on my mit GCD i normally use my shield block everytime its up and i use my trinket ( JC dodge one ) every time my SB is on cooldown.