PDA

View Full Version : Blood Tanking Spec Questions

ultrasnarl
07-10-2009, 05:27 PM
I've been Frost spec for tanking and DPS since day 1, but with 3.2 coming up and Blood looking strong I'm interested in giving it a try and checking out something new (to me at least).

My armory is here: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Uther&n=Erfrieren)

I'm thinking about trying a Blood build like this: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EGqu0IsbobssxhxZ0gh:idG0Mm)

I'm curious about how useful Will of the Necropolis is, like if those points would be better spent in Spell Deflection. Same with Rune Tap... I've gone this far as Frost without it at all, it seems like a nice emergency button, but I don't like the idea of keeping a Blood or Death Rune on hand "just in case". Do you other Blood tanks find those very useful?

Thanks!

Vlad
07-11-2009, 02:59 AM
Blood is already the strongest tanking spec, but could possibly become the weakest in 3.2 the way things are going :/
Nothing wrong with your spec except you won't need 3.3 SoB since blood RP regen is huge compared to frost (which is what you're used to), just do 1/3 and maxx out imp rune tap since you've already started down that tree.
There alot of opinions between WotN and Spell Deflection, personally since I don't have a need for rune tap I use both because any mitigation is better than none. But if I had to choose WotN would win hands down.
Also you'll be DSing alot so you'll pretty much always have rune options if you wanted to keep RT.

Tooze
07-11-2009, 03:54 PM
Unless blood gets some pretty huge buffs, dont even consider going it. Frost is the best tanking spec now, and 3.2 is still a long ways off, and half of its content hasnt even been added to the PTR yet.

Vlad
07-12-2009, 03:32 PM
Well frost may be ok for Naxx etc but it really falls behind from a threat/EH perspective once you are progressing through Ulduar, which is what the OP is currently doing.
I think if you look around most serious progression tanks are running blood for the reasons above, remember health is king right now so talents like Vot3W and VB are priceless.

vine
07-12-2009, 07:21 PM
Frost is the best tanking spec now
Did you have any evidence to back up this sweeping statement? There is no "best" tanking tree, they all have strengths and weaknesses. Please try to be a little more constructive and share your thoughts.