PDA

View Full Version : Why cant i get into ulduar

kingymech
07-10-2009, 03:34 PM
Ok im stumpted my gear is good enough for a 10 man ulduar raid isnt it? When ever i ask to go people always say "sorry m8 gears not good enough"

seriously i though the only thing letting me down was -2% hit but i have no problems at all holding aggro whatso ever.

Can any one give me advice or is the server on in just beign a "Royal Pain"

Sray
07-10-2009, 07:48 PM
Yeah I'd say you could OT.. MAYBE MT 10m Ulduar.

Davantius
07-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Yeah your gear is really pushing the limits. You could tank Ulduar 10 man but at the end of the day, a lot of people aren't willing to accept the bare minimum when it comes to pugs.

Remember this equation the devs originally stated:

Naxx10 < Naxx25 = Uld10 < Uld25

Get some Naxx25 gear and I'm sure people will be a lot more willing to let you into their groups. Again, I'm not saying you definately couldn't tank it but people aren't willing to take the risk.

Genome852
07-10-2009, 08:19 PM
^ Don't people always say 10 and 25 man raids follow different progression paths? 10 man Ulduar should be doable by people in Naxx 10 gear.

Rune
07-10-2009, 11:17 PM
^ Don't people always say 10 and 25 man raids follow different progression paths? 10 man Ulduar should be doable by people in Naxx 10 gear.

If you did purely 10 mans and got the best in slot of all 10 man stuff you would prob be ready then, meaning getting the best of the KT and Sapp gear plus the OS stuff and then EoE.
Getting geared with decent 10 man stuff but not the best you can and you're probably not ready to make the step without getting at least some 25 man stuff if only some VoA and OS and one or two bits from pugs

kingymech
07-11-2009, 01:20 AM
ok thanks guys ill sat off the ulduar path and stry to get more gear

Gale
07-11-2009, 01:52 AM
Your gear is fine for a guild. Pugs just have higher expectations, meaning to join a pug you would need to be decked in Naxx gear to do Naxx and have Ulduar gear to do Ulduar. That's just pug logic, nothing you can do about it except start your own pug or join a guild.

If you did purely 10 mans and got the best in slot of all 10 man stuff you would prob be ready then, meaning getting the best of the KT and Sapp gear plus the OS stuff and then EoE.
Getting geared with decent 10 man stuff but not the best you can and you're probably not ready to make the step without getting at least some 25 man stuff if only some VoA and OS and one or two bits from pugs
This is wrong. 10 and 25 man progression parallel eachother. 10 man gear is okay for 10 man Ulduar, no 25 man gear needed. Ulduar has lots of bosses too, so it's easy to pick up upgrades as bosses go down.

Of course skill comes into play. Good players can down bosses while a little undergeared. Think Ensidia managed to do Naxx 25 man at level 78 before it was fixed. Being overgeared covers up for mistakes to some extent, the main reason for pugs wanting high gear than required.

Having 25 man gear makes things more of a faceroll, but again, not required.

Vlad
07-11-2009, 02:47 AM
You could offtank but you will be taking a beating, there no reason you couldn't do UD10 as long as you were in a group who are trying to gear up too and your progression expectations were reasonable.
Bosses you'll do reasonably easily with a grp who have gear like yours are: FL, Razor, Auriaya, Freya?
Maybe bosses with good healers: XT, Thorim? Yogg?
Bosses who will smash you: Council, Ignis, Hodir, Mim, General.

If you don't have UD experience it'll make it harder.

Pkhearts
07-12-2009, 02:15 AM
Seems like your block is severely suffering. Dodge seems pretty decent though.

kingymech
07-12-2009, 05:21 AM
Seems like your block is severely suffering. Dodge seems pretty decent though.

i changed talents and followed the guild here for what to choose. its jsut 2 points in sheild spec not 5.

might change back shall give it a try as i just managed to get in a pug now. had to flash all my 25 man achis to get in tho >.< lets hope i dont fuk up

Vlad
07-13-2009, 03:04 PM
Just watch out for that General pull, the bugger hit me for 32k on the first swing the other night.. gg blade barrier :/