PDA

View Full Version : Entertaining Block Set Ideas

Squirrelnut
07-10-2009, 09:50 AM
What do you guys think of this block setup (remember to put it into def stance):
chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner (http://chardev.org/?template=224706)

Stat Highlights
HP: 29116
Defense: 540
Dodge: 21.53%
Parry: 17.95%
Block: 43.35% (455 rating)
Block Value: 1964
Attack Power: 3598

Completely pointless for everything other then trash? Possibly viable in 3.2? Interesting for PvP?

I wasn't sure what trinket to use for the slot currently filled with General's Heart, I considered throwing a Mark of Norgannon in there to reduce the number of dodge/parrys.

Thanx for the input, thought this might be something fun to mess with. Throw out suggestions pls

Nazhir
07-10-2009, 06:40 PM
Pretty good, but as you say, probably pointless for everything other than trash. And actively seeking out all those pieces of gear in particular would be a bitch, especially when you could probably achieve the same results with an all-round avoidance/stam build.

But this is still very interesting - I like the effort you put into it and it would be really interesting to actually see someone use it.

Squirrelnut
07-10-2009, 06:47 PM
For a lot of us we fall into pieces like this because they drop and no one wants them. I figure it would be fun to setup a set like this instead of sharding the pieces and see what might be possible. I already have a fair number of the pieces from the chardev in my bags/bank.

Nazhir
07-10-2009, 09:31 PM
Yeah.

If you decide to give it a go on some level, let me know what the results are.

Zaf
07-11-2009, 06:25 PM
There is topic about using this kind of gear setup and speccing for it.

http://www.tankspot.com/forums/f14/48488-unrelenting-assault-3-1-alternative-build.html

I've used it today first time in naxx25 pug and was positively surprised by the tps output. Sustaining 6ktps on normal mobs easily. on boss fights have seen peaks of 11k tps. I will continu tweaking this build and gear setup.

This could be used for hard modes in Ulduar as an alternative tank build to allow high dps by nuking the boss down against timer without losing aggro, not to be used as main tanking builld.

Multiple mobs tanking in this build needs a bit practise using other than standard tanking abilities, since it doesn't have shockwave or improved thunder clap.

Squirrelnut
07-12-2009, 10:23 AM
I know about the UA build, have tried it a few times. What I was looking at wasn't going for the UA build really as it is more focused on normal tanking (utilizing aoe with shockwave, devastate and all the other normal tank stuff) simply with as much block as possible.

After messing with it for a while I am thinking more and more that it is fairly worthless unless they really re-work things. I will just wait until 3.2 and then take it back up to see if it becomes more viable.