PDA

View Full Version : DPS is very low I cant figure it out.

blizzcon
07-09-2009, 08:09 AM
I know my gear isn't the greatest but i think i should be pulling more DPS than i currently am in heroics. My average is between 1400-1600 i cant break that 1600 mark. Ive read every thread i can on arms rotation and i seem to be doing exactly what everyone else is.

I'll post my armory link can anyone provide me with advice im starting to get very frustrated.

Thanks!
Blizzcon

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Sargeras&n=Blizzcon)

Sray
07-10-2009, 07:37 AM
Okay, first off.

Talent wise, Copy this spec, It's what I used, and still use, during my heroic days. The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Muradin&n=Canie)

I noticed you did 5/5 in Parry, which is pointless considering you don't need to Parry, since your DPS. my spec has those 5pts moved around. Also, don't worry about Commanding Shout. more then 95% of the time you will have 2 pallies and or another warrior that has a cookie cutter build.

As for your gear, your DPS will always be in that 1500-1600 range as long as you have blue's IMO. Get your rep up with the Knights of the Ebon Blade, and The Sons of Hodir. Knights of Ebon Blade Give a great DPS Helm enchant, and Hodir gives you an awesome DPS Shoulder enchant.

Your crit is exceptionally low, under 20%.. Start getting emblems of heroism together (mass heroics!) and get "Mirror of Truth" great trinket that I still use.

In terms of Gems, Screw socket bonuses. Go straight +16 strength gems and use 2 +8str +12stam gems for your Meta socket. You'll notice a much better return in Attack Power this way, which in turn improves your DPS.

As you know, Arms doesn't have a rotation as much as a priority list.

Quick tips:

1) Let Rend fall off on the first application, after that first time, I refresh it every 10 seconds.
2) Rend - MS - Execute (sudden death proc) - Overpower (Taste for Blood) - Slam.
3) Only use slam when over 50 rage, it eats up rage and remember.. MS Takes 30, and you want to save as much rage as possible for a nice Sudden Death procced Execute.

I mean, Arms takes much more skill then Fury, I was Fury before 3.1 and it took me quite a while to learn Arms and really understand it as well as be able to rip some major "deeps" with it :p

~Luffie~
07-10-2009, 12:36 PM
Get your rep up with the Argent Crusade, and The Sons of Hodir. AC Gives you a great DPS Helm enchant, and Hodir gives you a awesome DPS Shoulder enchant.

AC gives you the tanking helm enchant. Ebon Blade gives you the DPS one. ;)

Sray
07-10-2009, 04:40 PM
Ahh!! I'll edit that right away.

Vlad
07-11-2009, 03:17 AM
Sray is right in that you'll want to be arms right now, but his spec isn't optimal for you since your best weapon is an axe so be sure to switch the mace points for 5/5 axes.
Also you'll get more out of this spec:
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#LhrhbfIt0bbRdGuiohxb0x:msq0mM)
I don't find myself rage starved too often but if you do you could drop a point or two from commanding presence and put them unto unbridled wrath.

Edit: uhh actually I thought you had a Jawbone there.. stick with the mace spec and use the TSD, the CP stuff is still valid.