PDA

View Full Version : Blood talent spec.

tribial
07-08-2009, 02:02 PM
H, I'm new to the forums though I've been using tankspot's guides on youtube for awhile now. I usually play my Surv Hunter main but I've been leveling my Dk and spending a fair amount of time looking at tank specs. I was curious if this was a viable talent tree for a blood DK at 80 and if anyone had advice on it.
Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0eMqchIsfRbosZhxx0hZ0xh:ahGVM0)

Molohk
07-08-2009, 02:16 PM
You won't really take advantage of obliterate because you don't have any of the buffs from frost. You're better off taking Death Rune Mastery, which will let you use DS (which is heavily buffed in the blood tree) to create death runes so you can use extra Heart Strikes in your rotations. A buffed Death Strike is much better than an under-buffed Obliterate.

Bloodworms is pretty crappy in a raiding environment, they always die too fast and they don't heal enough. You could reassign those points to Sudden Doom or Will of the Necropolis.

Black Ice isn't very good, since most of your damage will be physical, and I'm not a fan of spell deflection because it forces you to rely on a proc. You could put those points into Blood Gorged which is very good for threat, and maybe epidemic to smooth out your rotations.

I also recommend maxing Bladed Armor, it's huge for a tank.

A basic spec would look something like this: Talent Calculator - World of Warcraft (http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#j0EMqI0IcbRfosxhxZ0gh:pdGVM0)
You can move some points out of Rune Tap, Imp Rune Tap and Sudden Doom if you really want Will of the Necropolis and Mark of Blood, depending on your style.

Switch the glyph of OB for the glyph of Rune Strike, and the glyph of Rune Tap for the glyph of Disease, Dark Death, DnD, or whatever you like.

tribial
07-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Thank you for the fast response. I've been curious about the mark of blood thing and the bloodworms. It just seems to be pretty nice for healers to have a Blood Dk tank. haha.
My server's been down all day so It's been theory and homework all morning.
You wouldn't want to drop a point from Death Rune mastery due to it making your rotation messy if it didn't proc correct?
So for mark of blood you'd want to drop one out of sudden doom.

Does sudden doom actually end up doing much? I used to roll MM hunter and WildQuiver seemed to be a huge waste of space.