PDA

View Full Version : New 80 Prot Paladin - Spec/Glyphs?

Shammyspice
07-08-2009, 12:11 PM
I just hit 80 on my Paladin today and I've been searching around for a standard tanking spec along with what glyphs would be best for say tanking heroics/10 man naxx, etc...just to get started and such.

I've looked at some of the better prot pallies on my server, but all their specs are different and their glyphs are also not all the same. I've BEEN prot since level 40 so I'm pretty familiar w/ how the spec works and everything. But the talents I chose while leveling are different than what I need at 80 to tank heroics and starter raids, etc...

ALSO, which seal is best, I used seal of wisdom probably about 90% of the time I leveled so I never had to stop to drink or anything and I'm pretty sure I'll want to be using seal of Vengeance but I could be wrong.

Any suggestions are welcome :) thanks.
~Pallyspice

McGinnis
07-08-2009, 12:24 PM
ok there are plenty of tank specs that work well. just see what works best for you i would say. glyphs i personally use glyph of hammer of the righteous, glyph of consecrate, and glyph of seal of vengeance. and yes seal of vengeance is the best seal to use most of this time. i dont use wisdom unless i am mana starved personally

Honorshammer
07-08-2009, 12:25 PM
3.1.1 Frequently *Answered* Questions - Tankadin basics (http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21932#p404154)

Enjoy!

Honorshammer
07-08-2009, 12:28 PM
ok there are plenty of tank specs that work well. just see what works best for you i would say. glyphs i personally use glyph of hammer of the righteous, glyph of consecrate, and glyph of seal of vengeance. and yes seal of vengeance is the best seal to use most of this time. i dont use wisdom unless i am mana starved personally

Glyph of Consecrate is a poor choice for Paladin tanks because it ruins our 969 Threat rotation.

Glyph of Divine Plea is pretty much standard. You want it.

Glyph of Salvation if you want a pseudo cooldown with a nasty drawback.

Glyph of Hammer of Righteous is great for AoE packs and Heroics.

Glyph of Seal of Vengeance is very strong when you are starting out and don't have much expertise from gear.

Glyph of Righteous Defense is fantastic for Tank swap fights.

Shammyspice
07-08-2009, 12:34 PM
Awesome thanks for the tips. I'll have to mess around with specs and such to find one I like in the upcoming weeks. Just good to have an idea of what talents are necessary and which ones I just don't need at all. I was deeper into ret while leveling than the prot pallies go at 80.

Honorshammer
07-08-2009, 12:35 PM
Awesome thanks for the tips. I'll have to mess around with specs and such to find one I like in the upcoming weeks. Just good to have an idea of what talents are necessary and which ones I just don't need at all. I was deeper into ret while leveling than the prot pallies go at 80.

Specs are covered well in the FAQ I linked. 0/53/18 is pretty 'cookie cutter' these days. You've got about 3-5 'style points' to play with.