PDA

View Full Version : DK Tanking and Epidemic

Nightdenn
07-07-2009, 11:31 PM
So I've been a DK tank for quite a while now and I consider myself a pretty good one. I've built my spec based upon my own judgments and what would fit my generally main tanking roll. My question is, why do DK blood tanks consistently pick up Epidemic? I continue to hold excellent threat without it. My current rotation for single target is: Icy Touch, Plague Strike, Death Strike, Heart Strike, Heart Strike...ect. I swap in a blood tap/death strike every once in a while to buffer heals, but other than that the rotation is done on priority. My dots never drop with this priority. Can someone please explain the usefulness of Epidemic if with my current rotation my dots never drop? Am I doing the rotation wrong?

Thanks,
Nightdenn

vine
07-08-2009, 12:30 AM
You're not doing anything wrong, I pick up Epidemic to give me more time to spam HS and DS before refreshing with Glyph of Disease. I tried a few builds without Epidemic but I had to cut my strikes short to refresh and begin the cycle over. If you are holding threat fine and can fit in a good rotation there's no reason to change, but I'd suggest trying it out and see how it goes.

Jaeden
07-08-2009, 08:29 AM
With epidemic, my diseases run my full rotation and I can naturally refresh them at 0-5 seconds left. I don't have to cut out early or change.

Change your plague strike glyph for rune strike ;)

You're also over cap for defense. regem/enchant to get more to cap. You can pick up some avoidance, etc. Change sigil also :)

Molohk
07-08-2009, 08:53 AM
With epidemic you can run 2 full rune cycles without refreshing your diseases, most people just find it easier to slip into a smooth rotation with epidemic.

There's also the obvious DPS/TPS benefit of using less runes for refreshing diseases, and more runes for your primary strikes. If you use glyph of disease, without epidemic you'd have to spend 1 blood rune every 15 seconds in pestilence, with epidemic it's only 1 blood rune every 21 seconds, as blood you would actually gain one HS every minute.