PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my tanking spec and rotation

Auraka
07-07-2009, 10:56 AM
Right now, I am tanking in frost spec. For some reason when I first made my toon, I had this view that blood was for leveling. Unholy was for raid dps and frost was for tanks. Then I started to experiment. and this is what I got.

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-talents.xml?r=Echo+Isles&n=Auraka&group=2)

Now, I dont know if its my spec that needs fixing or my rotation but For some reason, I am not gaining threat as fast as I would like. I am constantly in battle for threat and Its hard for me to maintain threat on a single target let alone a multi mob pull. So, I was wondering if anyone could help me.

My rotation:
IT, PS, BSx2, BB, then If I can, RS then FS

Silveronfire
07-07-2009, 11:08 AM
To fix your spec, at least take the 3 points from acclimation and put them into annhilation. The frost rotation for most pulls does not use PS at all. you instead focus on glyphed howling blast and obliterates.

My trash rotations:
DnD, HB (with glyph) BB, FS or RS depending on availability

I then proceed to use obliterates on primary target and HB whenever it gets off CD or rime procs.

Auraka
07-07-2009, 12:57 PM
K, ty. I will try that out. If anyone else has any suggestions please. Feel free to post.

vine
07-08-2009, 12:19 AM
I'm not a fan of Frost builds with Icy Talons, I see that as a dps ability, it also eats up a lot of points. Ditto with Merciless Combat, it's a dps talent. You've missed Annihilation which means your big hitter, Obliterate, will consume diseases.. Drop Acclimation as it's lacklustre for the point investment. Try a 12/52/7 (http://profiler.wowhead.com/?profile=us.proudmoore.vellaa#talents) build and see how it goes.

As for Glyphs, IBF is useless for tanks since they patched it, it does not give any extra damage mitigation once you have >540 defense, I'd drop that for Rune Strike as that's your highest threat ability. UBA is also a little weak for bosses, try Obliterate or Frost Strike glyph for more threat.

Silveronfire's rotation is spot on for multi-mob pulls. D&D - HB (glyphed) - BB - RP Dump.
For single target: D&D - IT - BS (to proc Blade Barrier) - PS - Then OB/FS - HB when Rime procs.