PDA

View Full Version : Ulduar 10, Gearing for block or avoidance?

Dreton
07-07-2009, 06:43 AM
Heya guys, i have read some post on this forum but i cant understand if block gear for a MT its ok or not.

Here my armory and gear:
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Runetotem&n=Dreton

I nedd advice from u to gear for avoidance or block.

Ty all friends:)

thedrawrf
07-07-2009, 08:18 AM
Block, while it is present on our tier pieces to an extent, is not desirable. Even trash hits too hard these days to be neutralized by anything but the best block value set, and even then, it's not necessary.

Avoid block rating, and only take block value when you can't avoid it.

Akeber
07-07-2009, 08:58 AM
A good SBV set should be part of every shield tank's arsenal. SBV gear has extra strength for threat, and ofcourse all that SBV for shield slams. The armory is showing my SBV set right now from logging right after a heroic. It's a little behind as I have a couple of replacement pieces to gem/chant, but I'm just over 2K BV unbuffed.

I use a SBV set for heroics, t7/t7.5 content, trash/off tanking adds in ulduar 10 (some of 25), and a little in PVP too.

Where you replace SBV gear for avoidance/stam gear is when you're tanking "progression" bosses, ie bosses you and your group are still struggling with.

Dreton
07-13-2009, 07:17 AM
But for Mt i need to re-gems for other?

Is good think to change Accurancy on sword for Blood Draining?

ty for answer:)

Spazlord
07-13-2009, 07:06 PM
I would ditch the strength gems ASAP. If you need threat, gem expertise - and in your case, I would try and reach 26 expertise skill, at which point I would gem for avoidance.

Also, the block ring.. get an armour/stam/avoidance ring instead if you can. Sand Worn band would be better (from Naxx25), or there's others in Ulduar.

I use Blood Draining for Ulduar, but it depends, if you are starving for +hit it might be useful.

Personally I gear for surviving as first priority, threat as second priority, and block when I have exhausted all other stats (ie. never, except when running heroics).

Dragaan
07-14-2009, 04:53 AM
OMG, yes I was thinking the same thing. Your stats don't look too bad EXCEPT you are lacking expertise. Then I look at your gems and I see...strength?... in the red sockets. No good. :/

But yeah, go for avoidance over block of course. You would also want to mainly go for stamina over all, though. EH primarily, avoidance second.

Dreton
07-15-2009, 03:46 AM
OMG, yes I was thinking the same thing. Your stats don't look too bad EXCEPT you are lacking expertise. Then I look at your gems and I see...strength?... in the red sockets. No good. :/

But yeah, go for avoidance over block of course. You would also want to mainly go for stamina over all, though. EH primarily, avoidance second.

Really gem for expertise for threath?Not for streght?

Ty to all for infos:)