PDA

View Full Version : Fury or Arms NOT geared

maphesto71
07-06-2009, 09:00 PM
I see a lot of people posting about which is better dps for fury and arms for 10 and 25mans however, I am an ungeared warrior looking to dps but i dont know which is better to start with, I would love it if i could have some help with wether to go arms or fury for 5-mans, thank you.

squats
07-06-2009, 09:06 PM
Always post a link to the characters armory that you are talking about, we cant help you otherwise.

Fury and arms are completely different play styles, arms requires you to know what ability you are going to use next, and use every GCD you get the best you can. Fury, you basically press WW->BS->slam?->GCD->gcd.

at this point, in lower gear levels, you will probly do more DPS as arms, because fury is a bit more gear dependent

kronog
07-06-2009, 09:24 PM
heres some basics for ARM and FURY

ARM: strong person with huge damage. you should gor for stamina and strenght as priority you most focus much on critical hits and have high DPS

FURY: difference between fury and arm is that you dont have huge damage but FAST damage. usually you have 2 weapons and hitting very fast but not as hard as arm your gonna go for (strenght) (stamina) (agility) go for much attack power and haste rating

now i have given you the basics of a warrior i bet you can find good talent trees in here and people hwo would love to help you further theres much ppls here hwo knows more then i do so ask around

PS. sorry if i have been spelling some words wrong im a swedish dude so dont be angry :D

cya all in tha game :D

maphesto71
07-07-2009, 04:27 AM
[quote=squats;249825]Always post a link to the characters armory that you are talking about, we cant help you otherwise.

sorry bout that, i just turned 80 the other day and currently have only some low end tank stuff

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garona&n=Snurgster)

Genome852
07-07-2009, 04:29 AM
Arms definitely for lower gear levels.

maphesto71
08-06-2009, 12:42 PM
With the new patch and my new gear from the new instance, is it better to switch to fury now or is there much of a difference?
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Garona&n=Snurgster)

Lizana
08-06-2009, 01:14 PM
heres some basics for ARM and FURY

ARM: strong person with huge damage. you should gor for stamina and strenght as priority you most focus much on critical hits and have high DPS

FURY: difference between fury and arm is that you dont have huge damage but FAST damage. usually you have 2 weapons and hitting very fast but not as hard as arm your gonna go for (strenght) (stamina) (agility) go for much attack power and haste rating

A few things wrong about this, As arms you do not want to stack stamina.... as any dps other than a tank you do not want to stack stamina...primary focus is on ARP and STR.

As fury you once again do not want stam, you do not want haste, you will not be hitting that fast because you will be using 2 big 2 handed weapons. You will stack STR and just str for most of your life as fury, at higher gear levels it will be worth it to cap ARP over STR...

Brucimus
08-06-2009, 01:27 PM
Arms definitely for lower gear levels.

and imo Arms is easier to do good damage with. What hasnt been talked about in this thread is interrupts. In several fights in Ulduar alot of raid leaders are going to ask you to interupt spell casters. Crazy Cat Lady, General Vezax also in Naxx Kel Thuzad

Pummeling is alot easier to do while Fury than arms.

Halgreg
08-06-2009, 01:46 PM
I think the main thing to worry about isn't the gear, but your weapons. Don't go Fury unless you have 2 fairly high iLvl weapons which could be difficult if there's high competition for 2 handers in your guild. With Arms, you just need 1 weapon.

Amrytale
08-06-2009, 09:56 PM
and imo Arms is easier to do good damage with. What hasnt been talked about in this thread is interrupts. In several fights in Ulduar alot of raid leaders are going to ask you to interupt spell casters. Crazy Cat Lady, General Vezax also in Naxx Kel Thuzad

Pummeling is alot easier to do while Fury than arms.

Stance Dance Macro FTW!

Honestly, the only fight we require me to have interrupts on is the Thorim gauntlet. For the others, there are plenty of other DPS with interrupts. If I need to throw one (like on Yogg) I can always stance-dance.

Brucimus
08-08-2009, 02:11 PM
I can always stance-dance.

so can i....but when you are fury it is easier and more efficient not to have to dance

besides Fury is about to start outscaling arms...picked up a piece from the new 25 man and have been whoring for Bold Cardinals recently and my bloodthirsts are getting NASTY