PDA

View Full Version : Can i do 25man naxx?

Ermais
07-06-2009, 01:57 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Ermais) Here is my armory link, I need to know if im set for 25man naxx yet if not what am i missing what should i get? also if my spec is funky please let me know but i do find 2/2 imp judges really nice in my rotation, i'd appreciate the help. thank you

xenogriff
07-06-2009, 05:46 PM
looking at ur gear, dont think u should have any issues tanking naxx 25 esp with full raid buffs

__C3__
07-06-2009, 06:04 PM
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Greymane&n=Ermais) Here is my armory link, I need to know if im set for 25man naxx yet if not what am i missing what should i get? also if my spec is funky please let me know but i do find 2/2 imp judges really nice in my rotation, i'd appreciate the help. thank you

In my opinion, you aren't up to Maintanking Naxx25 yet, but if the heals are good you should be okay as an Offtank. I don't know how many Emblems of Heroism you have, but investing some time into getting your T7 chestpiece would help out immensly over the blue one you have. Since you're stats are on the low side and you still have a few blues, I *highly* recommend you put all 5 points into the Divinity talent. Also, I assume you chose Conviction for threat, yes? I would go with Seals of the Pure in the Holy Tree instead if you are having threat problems. Other than that, good luck in Naxx25!

Ermais
07-06-2009, 06:57 PM
confusion!!!!! i got two different answers >.< im gonna go with the second one because i wanna make sure im geared for sure, i copied this spec from a friend of mine who does 25man ulduar of course i tweaked it a little into my favor since he outgears me and doesnt need alot of the talents, i am working on the chest atm im at 58 badges only 22 to go! im gonna try to buy the CLoak of the iron council so the only blues left would be my shoulders and 2 trinks but imo those trinks deserve to be epic lol. also another question....i feel like im a bit squishy idk if its just me or if theres casters in the group or what : \ i would really like more opinions from different people this woul be very helpful, appreciate the help ^^

headknocker
07-07-2009, 06:09 AM
Your success will be wing and healer/dps dependent. You should be fine in spider/plague which will help you gear up. Some suggestions for targets:
- Switch to the stam/armor meta gem
- Switch to defense on chest (will up your avoidance and make up for the meta loss)
- Try to get the dragonbrood legplates from H OS
- Armsman on gloves (2% threat/parry)
- The T7 chest would be a nice upgrade for you to when you get enough badges

Ermais
07-07-2009, 01:00 PM
take a peak once more i got my chest piece and my avoidance changed quite a bit and lost some health but not much maybe like 80 hp or something, dragonblood leggings might be a pain due to the fact that i might not be accepted but ill give it a shot maybe ill get lucky in some VoA run and now that i broke 1.1k block value i think ill get armsman enchant for more parry and ill try to find that meta. Thanks again more help would be appreciative ^^

Ermais
07-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Ok ok now look at my gear i did a fulll clear of 10man naxx :D i got quite the bit of gear if you guys could take a peak that would be awesome and let me know if im ready for 25manns : ) my armory link is on the first post! thanks a bunch!

Hadj
07-08-2009, 03:18 AM
I'd drop the +16 DEF on the cloak for the +225 armor. Also if you don't have threat issues dump the threat+parry enchant for the stamina one on the hands.
I would regem the chest to +24 STAM/+8 DEF +12 STAM and the legs with +24 STAM/+8 dodge +12 STAM. Try to gem for dodge instead of parry as it's a beter stat for paladins. Also put a +24 STAM gem in the extra waist socket.
And if you don't need Pursuit of Justice replace it with 2 points in Crusade. It would increase your threat alot. Also drop 1 point in Improved Judgments to get smoother CDs. Wether you use it in Benediction or Improved Blessing of Might is your choice.

Ermais
07-08-2009, 03:21 AM
Oh ok im gonna be getting for my leggigns 24 stam and 8 dodge 12 stam got a friend whose cutting them and i hate to be a jackass but replace my 16 d rating for 225 armor? wont i lose more avoidance for slight mitigation? and the chest will be regemed

Hadj
07-12-2009, 08:31 AM
The passive mitigation that comes from the increased armor value is equal to 450 EH in your case and will be stacking throughout all encounters while the 0.5% avoidance you would get from 16 DR might save your life or might not. NAXX has a lot physical damage fights that you would be better mitigating constantly than avoiding. Also have in mind that while you can avoid some damage it's the incoming damage that your healers have to deal with and large spikes are somewhat hard for them to cover. Avoidance is nice stat to have, but EH is nicer for the content you would have to deal with. Once you're fully NAXX 25 geared you might look at some more avoidance.