PDA

View Full Version : Offspec Feral Tank needing advice on Gemming =)

Ellimist
07-04-2009, 10:15 PM
Hiya all, relatively new to your forums, nice stuff, and thanks for any help in advance.

I am totally noob to Druid tanking. I have been looking over many sites, and many forums in the search for answers on gemming.

Currently I am looking to gear for readiness should I need to swap Resto to Tank for the likes of VOA, OS, Naxx 10 and 25 ( and one day further)

I am getting very confused with peoples differing opinions on gems !!

What I think I need, is a general rule for Red/Yellow/Blue Sockets.

Currently all blues are filled with +24 stam, and my yellows are mixed. Currently I have one gem that is dodge - and am aware that it should be change to agility, if it is to go in that direction, ( rather than say hit/expertise)

What I am going to do is equip the 'best' gear I have, and some of it will be without gems or enchants, as I won't do anything with them until I know the best options =D Oh. also, i have the option of my Trollwoven spaulders, or the Treacherous Shoulderpads. I will equip the Treacherous as they have gem slots and I guess you will be able to get more of an idea of what I can do with bonus gem slots.

This afternoon, I had it suggested to me by two tanks not to worry about dodge, and to gem for hit/exp. I don't understand how as a Druid, I can afford to lose Dodge, being my only mitigation ( aside from obviously innate things like armour, and defense cap)

Oooer, and I want to know what the best weapon enchant would be ? I have only tanked as a prot warrior, and always used Mongoose, advice there too please =)

OMG, I keep forgetting things :P Also, if anything can be pointed out in terms of spec alteration, that would be appreciated too =D

Thank you so much,
Kindest Regards, Ellimist.

Tazncazper
07-04-2009, 10:18 PM
In general I use 16 agi for red gems +8agi/+8hit for yellow that is if u need hit and 24 stam on blues

This varies tho and not all gem bonuses are worth getting
Never gem dodge always agi or stam as agi gives you dodge and armor

As far as enchant it depends on your dodge level me i hit 50% fully raid buff so i use the hit and crit enchant as i need more hit

Ellimist
07-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the reply Taz, I am aware never to gem dodge over agility, that gem was a freebie.

As for the chants, got them down pat, aside from the weapon ( cloak not done as I'm watching the footy today and I only got it this morning =) )

Trying to figure out what an acceptable amount of hit and exp is too. I guess it's a question of priorities, and what they should be.

Anyone elses advice ?