PDA

View Full Version : HALP! I need profession advice

Ezketra
07-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Hello!

New here! Just started my new warrior(Draenei) earlier today, and been reading around and found alot of usefull info. I am kind of stuck on profession choices, however...

Basically, I wan't something that gives me something that wont ever stop beeing useful. My aim for my warrior is not to specifically tank or anything, but all aspects of the endgame. I seek to master my warrior in every way, so to speak. I am currently looking at herbalism/alchemy(for self sufficiency. Mainly during world PvP, BG's and PUGs where the healer might have forgotten to be awake. I tend to solo and PUG alot. Please don't tell me to roll Paladin or DK <.<) and mining/jewelcrafting and trading out mining for blacksmithing later on. I have rolled on a server I am relatively new on, so I don't have tons of gold to level up JC/BS right away, so I figure I need mining to farm all the matherials for both professions first.

Sooo... which one should I pick? Is Gift of the Naaru enough for self-sufficiency? Do I miss out on too much without the imba JC gems + extra sockets with BS?

(Also, is the creepy looking orc to the left going to jump out of the screen and violate me at some point? :o)

Doormat
07-05-2009, 02:39 AM
I did mining/herbalism while leveling but I would really suggest mining/blacksmithing. The ability to make your own gear as well as the end game potential of having a ton more stamina makes it a great choice.

Ezketra
07-05-2009, 02:47 AM
Making gear for myself while I level would indeed be quite handy. However, with herbs/alch I get lifebloom which is rather huge as a warrior, imo, and plenty of potions to keep myself alive. I know for a fact that survivability is a problem for warriors while leveling.

I was think about going herbs/alch while leveling and switching to mining(blacksmithing)/JC at 80? I'm the sort of person that can farm nodes for 10 hours straight and not get bored, so that's not a problem. But then again... gear while leveling does sound quite awesome.

Hm hm hm...

Deevious
07-05-2009, 04:04 AM
I was Herb/Alch when I was levelling my Warrior. Was a piece of cake with Lifeblood, If I every levelled a Melee class again and I was choose a gathering profession I would definately pick up Herblism.

However if you don't mind stopping every now and then for health and have a decent amount of gold from a main/alt that can supply you with potions then you should go Mining/BS because all the ore you go through while you level your character can make you a huge profit and give you access to sweet end-game items and the ability to gem your rings.

Ezketra
07-06-2009, 04:53 PM
Thanks for the advice!

Have decided to go with mining/bs for now and switch out mining for jc at 80 and when I have farmed all the stuff I need to level it up. Gift of the Naaru really is enough :)