PDA

View Full Version : Blood AOE tanking.

Oniyoh
07-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Alright here is my problem,

I have been a paladin tank for as long as I can remember and I absolutely love it and do very well at it, all that fun stuff. My guild runs two naxx tens, one of which I bring in my paladin and our guild's other tank beings in his druid (which needs gear) and then the next night he brings in his paladin and I bring in my DK ( who needs gear).

I am quite pleased how well blood Dks work, I absolutely love my death strikes, my rune taps, and VB is just perfect. My single target threat is incredible! I am in blues and greens with a few epics and I can out-threat practically everyone. Where I have noticed my real weakness (And I know blood Dks have a more difficult time in general in the area) is AOE. Whenever we start a trash pull, I can hardly get one mob off the pally.
Here is what I tried: Blood boil, tab-heart strike, specced into courpse explosion, and of course DnD.

I need some more in depth advice on how to work my AOE threat as blood.

I have tried Frost today, hated it.
Specced to Unholy, meh, being ebil ani't all it's cut out to be.

I know I love being blood, I just need to know how to make my AOE worth it.

As always thanks in advance

timtim89
07-03-2009, 09:54 PM
on my DK i put down a DnD and then ill use heart strike and blood boil whenever possible and the mobs stay on me at all times =P

vine
07-04-2009, 02:40 AM
Use your Death & Decay as much as possible, Blood Boil when you can, and tab-target while you are spamming Heart Strike. Blood has lower AoE threat than the other trees but it's still possible to hold multiple mobs, just make sure the dps is following targets.