PDA

View Full Version : Need help, Warrior tank.

Dylan2213
07-03-2009, 12:39 PM
So basicly i have been tanking heroics and Naxx, and i have trouble keeping Aggro on multiple mobs even though i am using any AoE i can like thunderclap, shockwave, demo shout, cleave etc. I have no problem tanking bosses most of the time but its just picking up and keeping threat AoE tanking multiple mobs.

here is my armory: The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Chromaggus&n=Serpent)

Garshek
07-03-2009, 03:45 PM
Just looking at glyphs, considered Glyph of Cleaving? Hit 3 mobs vs 2. What's your AoE mob pulling rotation look like?

Not related to AoE tanking but it doesn't look like you're at 540 def for raid boss tanking, just curious about that.

vonholck
07-03-2009, 03:49 PM
well i guess its a combination of warrior AoE tanking being pretty weak, and your gear beeing abit low aswell (not like you are doing anything wrong with it, its just not that high level)

As you said for AoE tanking its usually: charge>TC>shockwave after that go for your normal rotation while tabbing and use TC, shockwave and cleave as much as possible.

Edit: oh and change your charge major glyph for the blocking one. Wont be that big a boost for AoE tanking, but it is considdered pretty mandatory for any warrior tank.

Dylan2213
07-03-2009, 05:15 PM
yeah im at 540, and yeah von i do Charge>TC>shockwave> then tab and devestate etc and i will change my glyph as soon as i can

Halandir
07-03-2009, 09:45 PM
Like the others said, get the Glyph of Cleave and Glyph of Shockwave :)

Bind cleave to your mouse wheel, charge > TC > Shockwave while cleaving away and tab targeting around.