PDA

View Full Version : Gear check..what am i ready for?

Calianiaa
07-03-2009, 07:51 AM
Are guild has been gearing up and preparing to raid. The heroics that we have done succesfully do not seem to have any good drops for me. The ones I think I need to run to get upgraded we fail, Im not sure if it is me or the healer that is under geared. Last night we tried Old Kingdom and failed. As a note: are group set up usually buffs my hp is 32k. IS my gear good enough for me to run that heroic instance? IF not where should I be grinding instead ?
The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Arygos&n=Calianiaa)

I know my trinkets are crap :(
Thanks for your help

Borstad
07-03-2009, 12:41 PM
If you fail at heroics you could have undergeared dps or a healer. You look fine for tanking any heroic, but did you or your party members did not know the fights because generally you fail in heroics if you do not pull mobs, even if they are regular, off the healer. You should have assigned a dps to do that. Also, most people only care about your unbuffed health, which for you is 25.3k, because you are never certain you will have those buffs. For trinkets I would get the 40 badges and buy the dodge trinket. For the other trinket I would run H AN for the +111 stam trinket.

Calianiaa
07-05-2009, 11:52 AM
Thx for taking a look. After a few more ..troubled runs, myself and the healer discovered a large part of the problem to be a particular hunter (undergeared and over-egod and quick to run away from fights) Also the one I had tasked with watching the healer. We shall not be running with him againany time soon.

Eraser
07-05-2009, 08:06 PM
For tanking heroics you only need a 535 def rating, while for raids you need a 540 defense (689 rating). So 548 def is a touch of overkill for just heroics and I do believe you should start switching either gems/gear away from def and onto some other stats. (I'm eyeing your trinket and def gem in your Gun - putting a +24 stam in there gives it a socket bonus +6 stam so that's an extra 300 hps from one gem... not bad.)

For heroics Probably go for:
Utgarde Pinnacle :- Red Sword of Courage
Culling of Stratholme :- Royal Crest of Lordaron
Gundrak :- Horn-tipped Guantlets, also Pauldrons of the Colossus

Those would be my starting three, and I would probably hit Nexus as well just for the amount of tokens.