PDA

View Full Version : advice.

Spoonie
07-02-2009, 10:14 PM
well my first post here(long time reader though, this is just my first tank in wow in a very long time).

The World of Warcraft Armory (http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Anvilmar&n=Niklas)

just curious what you guys think i could improve on. i recently went and changed up some of my gems going for more hp without losing too much threat/av.

my guild is basically just starting 10mans(we've been in naxx for awhile, alot of us are getting tired of it and starting to progress into os/eoe/voa). i still need drops from a few heroics.

my tps since i changed gems/chants in heroic dtk was 3-4k~ and i know it will be higher with raid buffs(was 5-7k tps before this in naxx, cant remember what it was in heroics).

umm anyway hope thats enough info, any advice would be awesome.

headknocker
07-03-2009, 05:21 AM
Hi,

From a gear perspective, you shouldn't have any problems with your target content. There are some tweaks that would help, particularly with boss tanking. I'd suggest:
- switching your meta gem for the stam/armor
- Switch to some avoidance boots (draconic vigor or ancient evil) (or if the boots from Noth drop in Naxx if you're lucky)
- legs from h VH or dragonbrood from 25 OS (pug it if necessary).
- get the stam trinket from h AN and block trinket from h VH

On the talent side, you need to have judgement of the just. You can drop a point in spiritual attunment and sanctity of battle to pay for it.

Spoonie
07-03-2009, 08:58 AM
so the 5% loss in bv isnt going to be alot of threat loss? we tend to rotate tanks from ot to mt everyweek, just dont want to lose too much ya know?

ill try the talent changes tonight and see how it works. i avoided JoJ due to others having the same debuff, but lately that hasnt been the case.

anyway thanks for the advice. any suggestions on threat? is 3-4k in heroics with this gear good?

Monteverdi
07-04-2009, 11:30 AM
I'm confused by your spellpower trinket... Surely there's something better available to you. 'Course, then again, I have made some weird gear choices in the past due to lack of availability on things.

Spoonie
07-04-2009, 04:05 PM
heh well its for hit rating mostly im only at like 5.61%(6.61% with racial)

headknocker
07-05-2009, 07:10 AM
So the block value meta will give you a bit more threat, but I'm more concerned with your effective health. If you're doing 9696 you shouldn't have any problem with similarly geared people pulling off of you.