PDA

View Full Version : Major 25 man attendance issues - what to do?

Szentia
07-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Greetings.

Our guild (Valve - Kazzak EU), is having serious attendance problems when trying to get started on Ulduar 25. We usually have 20 people online at raid start at best and it's really pissing me and the other people off who bother to turn up.

Our 10 man raids run great, we are currently up to Vesax and quite a lot of us are geared to run Ulduar 25 with zero problems.

The guild is fairly new, around 2 months now.
I'm considering just making it a pure 10 man guild but I'm not sure how the members would react to that.
I bet a few would likely leave to bigger guilds.

What kind of threshold are other leaders seeing to run successful 25 mans?
At the moment we have 57 unique accounts which in theory is enough for two 25 man runs but in practice we don't even run one.
Do most guilds have 200+ accounts to run 25 mans successfully?

shez
07-02-2009, 12:47 PM
my guild is having the same issue lately, i guess peoepl who raid for loots are bored of ulduar already, we seem to have problem with 25man attendance which makes doing hardmode impossible. (we have cleared yogg in 25man a few weeks ago)

We have aroudn 21-25 online when we start invites, we have aroudn 40 raiding members, other are casual/friends, we do require our raiders to be at 75% attendance. Sometimes we have 35 online on a wednesday and 20 on a sunday/monday

Krehinth
07-02-2009, 01:01 PM
My guild is having a similar problem on tues theres 25-30 online, wed 21-26, Thurs 18-22.

loquatious
07-02-2009, 04:23 PM
Its summer time and almost everyone is having the problem.

The guilds with proven capability have the advantage over you because they are attracting the members of the guilds that lose folks to the summer doldrums. I'd recommend pugging - explain to the guild that you are building a 25 man team and need their help. PUG Sarth + 2 or 3 - but only pick folks that have the gear / experience to make it happen. Pug the first 3-4 bosses in Ulduar - they are not highly complex fights.

During the PUG let everyone know you are expanding your raiding roster.

be sure every member knows you need recruits and have them keep their eyes open
Advertise on the realm forums
Advertise HERE :)
Be Awesome!

Szentia
07-02-2009, 05:54 PM
Great advice as always, thanks.

Bountee
07-21-2009, 06:28 AM
I have two approaches to dealing with this problem in my guild.
1) Raids start at 9pm - Invites start at 8:30 - Pugging happens at 8:45. If your late a pug got your spot.
2) Recruit more. Recruit the Pugs. Pugging is good because you find recruits. More people Increased Demand for positions on a limited supply run results in motivation to be on time.

All that being said. Maybe your guild is tell you that your starting too early. We have to raid at 9pm because when we start earlier people are a no show. Guild Masters serve their guild not rule it your influence is limited and you must deal with that.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Bountee (Warrior Tank: Riddle of Steel - Aman'Thul)
Guild: Riddle of Steel (http://www.riddleofsteel.org.au)
Loot Ladder System: The Drunken Dwarf (http://www.thedrunkendwarf.com)
----------------------------------------------------------------